ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec or PMS solid top mounts

Clio 182 FF
As above really.

Recently bought a clio 182 and the top mounts are knocking over every bump, read a little bit about how bad the oem top mounts are and it looks like solid are the only way go. Narrowed it down to these two but can't seem to find a definitive answer. Dont play on fitting a brace just want to cure the knocking once and for all. Any suggestion/opinions welcome. Thanks!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Both are great, but the ktec ones are more expensive. If buying new I'd go PMS, however are you sure your knocking is down to the top mounts? If it's had new top mounts, they could require an extra spacer to stop the knocking as it's very common.

Clio 182 FF
Both are great, but the ktec ones are more expensive. If buying new I'd go PMS, however are you sure your knocking is down to the top mounts? If it's had new top mounts, they could require an extra spacer to stop the knocking as it's very common.
Yeah they're definitely gone, had a master tech have a look at them for me, he did mention the new spacer but also said they don't really last. Only solution seems to be solid. Didn't really want to be drilling into it but that looks the best option

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they're definitely gone, had a master tech have a look at them for me, he did mention the new spacer but also said they don't really last. Only solution seems to be solid. Didn't really want to be drilling into it but that looks the best option
I've seen people having no problems with febi top mounts at a fraction of the cost. But solid is a great way to go.

Clio 182 FF
I've seen people having no problems with febi top mounts at a fraction of the cost. But solid is a great way to go.
I know just not seen a 100% fix that doesn't involve going solid. My commute has been cut down from 130 miles to about 20 so plan on having a little fun with the car along the way. Looks like I'll be leaning towards the PMS kit then

Clio 182 FF
Yeah as far as I'm aware mate

Are you looking at doing trackdays?
Not really no, more just making it fun to drive on the road now I'm out of boring diesels. More of a fast roadish kind of set up, solid mounts, springs, light poly bushing etc

Clio Sport 182
You can avoid drilling (plus the top 2 give you camber adjustment):

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...clio-mk2-kam-racing-adjustable-top-mount.html

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...on/ast-solid-top-mounts-renault-clio-mk2.html

http://www.compbrake.com/product/renault-clio-mk1-2-top-mounts-pair-main-body-2-locking-rings/

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Not really, It's just how the mounts attach to the car. The PMS ones have 3 M8 holes in them, you drill three holes in the top of the strut tower, then bolt the mount to the underside of it with the little plate they supply on the top. I chose the PMS ones as they are pretty much the cheapest decent ones you can get. I also like that PMS supply replacement bearings to fit (not that you couldn't just have a measure up with the other kits, but it saves the hassle) if your bearings wear out. Basically if drilling the car is something that worries you for whatever reason, then pick a set that doesn't need drilling, but I am very satisfied with my PMS ones.