ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTec exhaust (not happy)

172 cup
It was only last week that I was praising Ktec for the exhaust I brought for the cup having paid out for a stainless stealth and sports cat I was none to happy to find the center section rattling today. Until I have spoken to Ktec I will not say any more but has any body had the same problem.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
RRRRRRRRRASSSSSPPPP! Sound utter plop, mine lasted a week.

clio sport 172
i just bought stainless stealth system from ktec....sounds alright, although a lot louder than the "subtle" change of note from a std exhaust. Seems ok tho, but i dont do many miles in mine!

The Beast MK4
Nonsence. Its all to do with the fitter!

Get then to move it slightly. Mine was the same.

First too low, Then too high, Now perfect!

Fair enough the noise is debatable but I love it!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
it has a centre section fault as i read it? The first batch had a problem with the baffles in them

172 Cup (track) FS
any free-flowing exhaust needs a good few hundred if not thousand miles to coke up properly and the sound will level out.

Milltek products are exactly the same - loads of people don't like the noise at the start but if you're patient it will come good. I'm more than happy with the Stealth system from K-Tec and the car runs much better with it fitted compared to the OEM piece of shyte.

Fitting obviously important though !

172 cup
it has a centre section fault as i read it? The first batch had a problem with the baffles in them

It sond's like you have answered my question mate the center box is rattling like there is something moving about in there.

megane 285 sport
try the heat shield round lambor sensors, it might be just catching, mine did when mine was first fitted, slight adjustment and it was ok.

Clio 172 Cup
your problem is definetly the centre box. i had the same problem. loud vibration like something has fallen apart.

they did not design something correctly and I was told that as it expands (with heat) two bits of metal get into each others way and cause the rattle. though mine was doing it from cold.

ktech got janspeed to replace the centre section, took two weeks.

you have to send the other one back, although my old one is still sitting out in the rain!

Stealth Bomber R26
dont know if my is doing the same but when i get to about 3k rpm it sounds like nails rattling about inside it.
Only started today so will hopefully speak to ktec tomorrow.

Stealth Bomber R26
ive been really happy with mine. seems to use a bit more petrol for some reason.
that may of course just be my heavy right foot !!!!!!!!

172 MKII FF
I bought one a week ago and am waiting for it to be delivered, will everything be okay with it? I.e. the replaced centre bit that has been mentioned.

The Beast MK4
Is this the Mk 2 Stealth we are talking about here? As mine has now been on for several thousand miles. Even when on the way to FCS (300 odd mile journey) there was no problems.

I know that the Mk 1 had several issues. Big Iain especially.

And Matt, mine was fitted a few weeks ago. Its fine and sounds better by the day! Just make sure your fitter takes time to perfect the position of the box.

RenaultSport clio 172 ph1
I had my K-Tec Stealth (mk2) fitted yesterday!!

Bloody loving the difference so far!! Big difference! :D

Praying the fit was as good as it seems so far after reading these...

172 MKII FF
I had my K-Tec Stealth (mk2) fitted yesterday!!

Bloody loving the difference so far!! Big difference! :D

Praying the fit was as good as it seems so far after reading these...

How much did fitting cost you? Mine came today and i'm going to try and get it fitted tomorrow.

Stealth Bomber R26
Is this the Mk 2 Stealth we are talking about here? As mine has now been on for several thousand miles. Even when on the way to FCS (300 odd mile journey) there was no problems.

I know that the Mk 1 had several issues. Big Iain especially.

And Matt, mine was fitted a few weeks ago. Its fine and sounds better by the day! Just make sure your fitter takes time to perfect the position of the box.
Yes it is the MK2.
Just spoken to Ktec very helpful once I get it confirmed that it is the centre section tomorrow will get a replacement sorted on Monday.

172 MKII FF
Right, just taken my car to have a new spring bolt put on the join between the cat and manifold as it was horrendously noisy at high revvs. This has cured the tinny rattle but i'm noticing a different rattle. When I really give the car some boot a loud tinny rattle starts (between 4 and 5k revs)..................i hope it's not the K-Tec centre section failing.

Can anyone shed any light on what it could possibly be OR how I can tell if it is centre section?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
They just sound s**t to me. If its around 4-5k check if the lambda probe wiring is not fouling/rubbing the heat sheilds, this can cause tinny rattling. If not it could well be the centre section. Or it could be that w**k wwwwwwwwwwooooooooooo sound they make :(

172 MKII FF
They just sound s**t to me. If its around 4-5k check if the lambda probe wiring is not fouling/rubbing the heat sheilds, this can cause tinny rattling. If not it could well be the centre section. Or it could be that w**k wwwwwwwwwwooooooooooo sound they make :(

Thanks for your opinion, I suppose its not everyones taste. What type of exhaust do you have?

Burgandy 174 sport t
It starts off very quiet just a wee rattle then it its like rattling a can of nail about afte a week or so!! I have the same issue and K-tec have kindly sorted it out hopefully, Although the amount I have paid out on fitting etc is nearly the same as the thing cost in the first place!! Johnny Im so gonna laugh when urs fails too!!