ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec cams

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Just spoke to ktec about these,they have done 5 cars with gains from 16-18 bhp,also said they are similar to 421 cams so will work well with standalone ITB's ect,think I may have to get some;)

172/1.2/E30
Wazza182 has them fitted in combination with a RS2 inlet and got decent gains. These cams are modified 421s to make them suitable to OEM ECU application iirc.

BG182®
Speak to Wazza182. I went with him to K-Tec to have them fitted and they make good gains. Idle is perfect too so no worries about stalling etc.

FULL FAT 182
I got these cams fitted last week alongside the rs2 manifold and gained 13.5 bhp and a slight improvement on the delivery of torque. The manifold is restricting the performance of these cams. If you have the standard cast aluminium inlet manifold the car will perform very well. You will see gains of around 15-18 bhp and around 12 lbs torque.

The guys at K-tec will look after you and they know what there doing. :)

53 Clio's & counting
I hope I get somewhere in the 180's with the Scricks - Be interested to see the difference between them and 428's :)

I got these cams fitted last week alongside the rs2 manifold and gained 13.5 bhp and a slight improvement on the delivery of torque. The manifold is restricting the performance of these cams. If you have the standard cast aluminium inlet manifold the car will perform very well. You will see gains of around 15-18 bhp and around 12 lbs torque.

The manifold is restricting the performance? If that were the case then have you made less power than a standard at wu these cams?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
I will get some vids of idling tomorrow,from what Andy at ktec has told me the cams are very smooth,no lumpyness with a very smooth idle,we shall see.If my car see's between 13-18 bhp and a nice torque gain,I will be very happy.

Ph1

Didnt come up with the goods so it has to be the manifold at fault :dead: ;)

Read topics up here questing the gains of RS2's but one thing its good at is flowing better than stock so how can it be restricting ? :S

These look no different to 428's. If you got much less from a set of cams they would be regarded as disappointing so what is the advantage of these really? Different packaging and code number?

Looks nothing more than a re-branding exercise than some kind of fancy new super dooper cams

ITB'd MK1
272 / 256°​
236 / 219°​
11.30 / 10.25mm​
0.55 / 1.55mm​
O.E.M.​
HYDR: sport​

5502438 276 / 268 240 / 231 11.25 / 10.25 mm

yeah......they're the same

PMSL

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
It seems strange to me that a tuning company like ktec would release a set of cams that are exactly like ones they already sell,considering that these new cams were produced by cat cams also seems strange that they would also do this,if they were not different.Will be interesting to see what figures my car comes out with 2mora,it currently has a TDF custom map making 179 bhp 159 ft/lb,the car is strong and should be the ideal car for ktec to get the gains they speak of on there website(18 bhp 10 ft/lbs).

As i did. Like i said, no difference on the whole.

same apart from the profiles, yep that pretty much sums up all cams.

If you'd said that they'd just re-timed a pair of 421s you might be on to something. My guess is they've played with the timing on the dyno until they've found something that works with the standard ECU, and rather than ***** about with setting the cams anything other than straight up they've had them ground with the new timing. If so, congratulations to them, that's what tuning engines is all about, not just emptying the shiny bits out of the box and bolting them on. If I had to guess I'd say that the exhaust cam is 6 deg advanced, it's just a guess so probably wildly out. What I would like to know is the spec of the engine they did the development on, if it had a decat and decent exhaust the results may not be too flash on a standard engine. Time will tell :)

Mk5 golf gti
why would anyone want a smooth idle with cams?

sounds awesome when its lumpy as f**k :approve:

ITB'd MK1

If you'd said that they'd just re-timed a pair of 421s you might be on to something. My guess is they've played with the timing on the dyno until they've found something that works with the standard ECU, and rather than ***** about with setting the cams anything other than straight up they've had them ground with the new timing. If so, congratulations to them, that's what tuning engines is all about, not just emptying the shiny bits out of the box and bolting them on. If I had to guess I'd say that the exhaust cam is 6 deg advanced, it's just a guess so probably wildly out. What I would like to know is the spec of the engine they did the development on, if it had a decat and decent exhaust the results may not be too flash on a standard engine. Time will tell :)

and once again, pretty damn close to the facts. You're good ;)

and once again, pretty damn close to the facts. You're good ;)

lucky guess, or maybe my obsession with measuring stuff :D

I don't know whether you ever talk to Andy, but you may remember me asking about the pair of cams that I think he'd supplied with a 428 inlet and 421 exhaust? He might like to know that the exhaust cam had been ground ~8deg retarded (3.26mm latdc) - that might have swayed his opinion about them :S I guess it was one of the dodgy batch that came out a few years back?

Ph1

Going by these and the average 428 graphs. you couldn't fit a fag paper between the differences. That said, the price is the same so you makes your choice..

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
It seems strange to me that a tuning company like ktec would release a set of cams that are exactly like ones they already sell,considering that these new cams were produced by cat cams also seems strange that they would also do this,if they were not different.Will be interesting to see what figures my car comes out with 2mora,it currently has a TDF custom map making 179 bhp 159 ft/lb,the car is strong and should be the ideal car for ktec to get the gains they speak of on there website(18 bhp 10 ft/lbs).

Any news on this fella ?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Ok just got back from Ktec after a very long day(5 am start) I think I will let the results speak for themselves

18.5 bhp gain
15 ft/lb gain(I think that's about right from looking at the graph/I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong)

Andy and ktec have done a great job on my car,big thanks.

The car feels awesome,can't recommend these cams enough,awesome.

Will put a proper write up in my project thread,really tired.

Green line is TDF custom map clio cams 002.jpg
Red line is Cams ktec map

Ktecs dyno seems to read around 15 bhp and 15 ft/lb down on TDF dyno,they are having there new dyno put in at the moment which is the same as TDF'S

172 Cup
That's pretty impressive figures on a Dyno dynamics road, they are known to read low of all the others around or correctly as I like to see it. What else is done to your car?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Hi Dan

Have a look on ktecs web site buddy;),got to be the best mod for bang for bucks,car felt great on the way home,can't wait to have a drive tomorrow:evil:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Phones being stupid, I know the cams are 500 odd quid but obviously fitting and mapping is on top? So I'm guessing around fifteen hundred pounds ish???

Dan.