ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'Knowhow' Dixons/Pc world/Currys waranty, used it?

Z4
Tapped out an email, they're diverting me to Currys:

'Thank you for your email dated 3rd April 2012.

With regards to your email, I would advise you to visit your local store and if the store are unable to find a suitable replacement the store have a process in place to resolve this issue. I would advise you to visit the store with your voucher code and see if they can find a suitable alternative.

Thank you for taking the time to email us,

Kind regards

The KNOWHOW team'

What 'process' do they have in Currys?

Z4
Went in currys today, played on the freesat thing, I'm now getting a Panasonic plasma tx46gt30b delivered tomorrow!

Had 3 'lol' moments though:

Asked the manager 'do you rate the Panasonic gt range?'
blank expression followed by '...most of our TVs are good, no bad ones'

'what day would you like your tv delivered?'
me - 'ASAP'
'we can do it for anytime this week'
Me - 'perfect, tomorrow then'
'no problem, that will be £25 delivery'
needless to say I kicked off and it's free delivery tomorrow now lol.

'id strongly advise a knowhow policy, it's worth it's weight in gold'
me - 'no it isn't mate, no chance!'

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Well it kinda is.

You just got a free TV (providing you never topped up) when if you never had the policy, you would be paying for it.

Z4
Well it kinda is.

You just got a free TV (providing you never topped up) when if you never had the policy, you would be paying for it.

I only got a free tv as I fought for it, no way were they paying up 'unnecessarily'.
Multiple headaches, many emails, many phone calls, many delivery dates = not worth it.

I'd rather pay for the tv to be repaired tbh. I was lucky enough we had kitchen fitters to sign for the delivery etc before otherwise I would have had to take multiple days off which would have worked out cheaper to buy a new tv!

Oil Burner
Glad it is sorted.

I've never thought these policies are worth it, hated having to sell them. The only thing i would say is that they do pay out often and very fairly when they do.

Modern TV repair really isn't worth it, they are falling in price so fast that it is rarely good value to do so.

Anyway, enjoy the TV!