ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knocking when turning

Clio 172
I have a knocking when turning and braking slightly. I.e turning into a car parking space nd braking.

Any ideas? I thought top mounts but isn't that full lock knocking?

S

Ste King 182

i had this problem when i turned to the left only and took it into renault and they replaced my front drivers spring - problem solved :approve: hope this helps .

Clio 1.6 16v
When i had my springs fitted to my car when changing them we realised that my ball joints on my suspension arm where well... dead! however, being stupid and in a rush i just put them back on quickly so i could try out my springs.

This lead to when it came to turning around 90 degree turns my car making some nice knocking noises coming from the front, i thought this might be to do with the ball joints so i got another set, had them fixed on and that was it noise stopped :)

Jap Box
Mine did this until I had both lower suspension arms changed, and put the lowering springs on, its been fine since then :)

Clio 172
Just noticed it happens when cornering hard aswell, corners that are more of a right angle or tight.

Sound def coming from the front, sounds like its low down near the footwells.

any ideas ?

FF 182
Look at my thread mate i just created i'm getting the same.

getting my top mounts done this week as it could be the top mount bearings shagged :)

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
I have the same problem, my solution is turn the radio up job done lol av tryied many other solutions and this seems to work best :(

clio 172
had this last week did it when turning right, luckily though started 2 days before its M.O.T and was the cv joint but was just the rubber/plastic boot had come off and no grease, they just re greased it and clipped cover back on, happened just after went through a really deep puddle. hope that helps

FF 182
Seems to be an elimination tbh, i will do the top mounts and ball joints and let you know if this cures it and will check driveshaft while under the car :)

Clio 172
Yer people have said the cv joints etc but thought the new symptoms could be something else.

Ill have to jack her up nd have a look around. Was hoping it would just be springs or something.

Yer Elfy if you can keep me updated mate

cheers

FF 182
Bramley my top mounts and ball joints are being replaced tomorrow night on my driveway (fun times) so i will let you know if the noise goes away

FF 182
Quick update, my car was making creaking noises when turning a week or so back, mainly after the car had warmed up properly, say half hour drivinig.

Replaced top mount bearings and ball joints and the creaking issue is now solved completely, took a 3 hour drive to Weymouth and then 3 horus back this weekend and it did not creak once :)