ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking Valver!

Focus ST

When going along in first gear Ive started to notice that if I release my foot from the accelerator quickly (causing the car to jerk due to the engine braking) that I get a single knock as the car jerks. The noise has come on gradually and is getting more noticable. It also knocks slightly sometimes when I move off in reverse. I havent noticed the knock under any other driving conditions yet (i.e braking or cornering) and the car seems to be driving well in every respect. Any ideas as to what this could be, and what it would take to sort out?

I have just fixed this problem in mine - EXACTLY the same thing - This is going to sound silly but - if you have the standard alloy wheels on and the wheel cover is not fitted properly then the wheel will seem to knock- also - the chances are that at least one of the mounts is a little loose - i took mine to a garage and the guy swapped my front aluminium alloy wheel trim covers to the back and put the plastics on the front. One knocking problem solved. Then he tightened the front right mount and the dog bone and the knocking stopped - its not a major problem mate and nothing to worry about so long as you get it sorted quickly.

Focus ST

I do have the standard alloys so Ill try removing the covers and see what that does. Theres also a garage 100m up the road so hopefully if I ask nicely they might tighten up those mounts for me for nothing!