ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking stopped!!!

53 Clio's & counting
as most of you know iv been complaining about the whole engine mounts gone knocking noise senario,now iv replaced the o/s top mount,gearbox mount,and dog bone mount,better but still heavy knocking,adjusted time and time again with no luck,got under the car at work,and right under the gearbox,there is a rubber block that bolts to the subframe and to a bracket that bolts to the front of the box

on closer inspection the box was approx 2-3mm from touching the subframe :S which expains the knocking noise

so new rubber block from renault,(£25) and un done all mounts,re adjusted and..................... 99% better!

no knocking,car doesnt cangaroo(sp) at slow speeds any more,its is ten times better and easier to drive and so far its knocked once very slightly,when i was testing it,going flat out into an uneaven roundabout,so its fair to say that that has solved my problems :)

i would def suggest anyone replacing theirs as it has honestly made more of a difference replacing this as it did when i replaced all 3 of the other ones

53 Clio's & counting
sorry mate i need to take some,il get some 2moz,i didnt realise this was there so it is def worth checking

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Did ya get any pics of the mount you changed mate as I have the same problem ?

53 Clio's & counting
lol look under the front end of the car,on the passenger side,where the wheel arch liner is.look on the engine side of the arch liner,its a tight squeeze to look but you will see it there,it bolts to the subframe and the box,its about 3 inches square you honestly cant miss it (although i have for 7 months lol)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
pic for you all

IMG_1831.jpg