ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking/Rubbing on slight steering lock? (Slightly Lowered Cup)

BG 182 FF
So I've recently put my car on Cooksport springs, well I did it half and half, I did the rears, went to do the fronts and didn't realise I'd need an impact hammer and penetrating oil, so I ended up doing it 5 weeks later (didn't get a weekend off until then). The car drove fine while just the rears were done (and were definitely seated properly) if not a little twitchy; ARB + stiffer rear springs, with no adverse noises or steering charateristics.

Anyway, 2 weeks the fronts were done. Car has been driving fine since, not even a hint of bad alignment as the springs bed in before I get the geo re-done. However, yesterday I noticed a rubbing/thudding sound, seemingly at the same frequency as wheel speed but only when I apply steering lock a little to the left. I think it's coming from the rear, but it hard to tell when it's coming from under the car.

It's worth nothing I chipped a front disc when trying to knock out the b*****d wishbone bolts, but it was a small chip and has had no effect on braking/noise in car since I changed the springs.

Any idea what this could be?

Cheers.