ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking On Full Lock

I bet someone is gona b able to answer this straight away , but when i turn the wheel either way, i get a harsh knocking sound + feel, i had 1 driveshaft replaced only 1 week ago , could this now b the other 1 cheers

hi, did replacing your driveshaft cure the dreaded judder?? Mine does the knocking thing too... ive heard somewhere that the exhaust may cause a knocking sound, as it hits off somewhere under the seat

na it didnt cure it ,made it better but still there, na this is more than definatleynot the exhast this is a proper thud, i am sure is the other driveshaft now,

yer well knocks correspond to the speed i am going, n e body have any ideas how much one of these cv joints is to replace thanks

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

mate is this still the juddering issue? or is this knocking something else? sh*t dude. mines really kicking in, in the cold weather. its going to renault soon though as u know.

hmmm rite just back from the mechanics, and he said he dont think its the cv joint infact he thinks its the top suspension mount ,the little cup thing where the suspension sits in, he thinks as i turn the wheel the spring is jumping out of place, OH MY GOD wot ever next

But he thinks that if i was to get an uprated one it would do the trick, any ideas of where to get the uprated one ,I dont know where to start CHeers

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

it cant be that mate, i had all my suspension checked from rtec. and dont u get it without turning the wheel? i get it when i accelerate from still, whether i turn the wheel or not.

yer ye rmate i still get the vibration striaght on , but i am gettin a knocking at the moment ,but the vibration is still well and truly there