ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knocking noise

when i go over bumps there is a type off knocking noise coming from the front of my 16v is it likely to be the anti roll bar bushes ? thanks

BMW 320d Sport

Knocking is a nightmare. I hope it is something simple cos I spent a year replacing everything in a vain attempt to track it down. It was worse when cold, sounded like (if you can imagine it) someone rattling a fork in an ice cream tub. Once it was warm it only did it on the more noticeable bumps, but from cold even a stone in the road would rattle and knock from the front, just inside the engine bay in front of the driver. After replacing all the bushes, bolts, bearings, mounts, reseating suspension, the lot, it finally disppeared when the top engine mount was changed.

clio 20v

might be suspension top mount bushes specially if lowered

i tracked down a knocking noise to a loose multiplug that doesnt do anything under the scuttle nxt to the jack

adi

hi mine does exactly the same as what nick read just explained,mine is identical,does any1 know exactly what this is,do you think it is the top engine mount,i dont really want to replace everythink like bushes etc,i would love to sort this noise out,any1 HELP:confused: please!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Well my car does this too............ as did my old 16v - but only when cold?!!?

Basically, its more like a squeek sort of noise, like when you hold the brakes on when on a hill and gently let them off - that sort of squealing noise is almost what it sounds like but in short sharp bursts, when going over any bump - its fine when its warm though!?!!?

Does this mean i need to replace the TOP engine mount?