ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knocking nearly sorted

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
I used to have the usual knock under hard acceleration but was not bad and went away after a while. Anyway, since having my de-cat fitted it has upset the system big time and everytime i accelerated it started knocking heavily. It looked like the flange of the decat was hitting the subframe.

The lower gearbox mount has been changed bout three weeks ago.
Today i have replaced the gearbox mount under the battery.
Also i have put 2.5mm washers under the o/s top mount to raise the engine slightly and pulled the engine/mount right forward.
The dogbone was changed bout 15k ago and the top mount bout 12k ago although the rubbers look a little worn away in the top mount already

There is now a improved gap between the decat flange and the subframe so I took the car for a test drive. The car is a lot better but when you do accelerate past 4.5k rpm it starts to knock still but not as bad as before.

I want it sorted as im on track next week, had a thought maybe put some washers under gearbox mount to try and increase the gap between the decat and subframe further. Or maybe replace the top mount again??!!!!!!:S

RS RIP
i'll be following this thread.. i changed mounts all round and still knocking.
put the washers under the othe mount aswell, might help yes. But i'm thinking Renault made the mounts so flexible that it will still be knocking, even then.

I know where you can buy genuine Sport mounts ; maybe something for you ?
Costs are about 800 all round though..

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
True there does seem to be a lot movement in the mounts. Gonna have another go tomorrow morn got a couple more ideas will let you know how i get on. Has anyone else put washers under box mount?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
yea thats whats on mine washes under box mount made it alot better till i fiited a decat now its grinding away when i drive off quick think it may be something to with the gearbox mount i will have to look in to it.

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Gave everything a final torquing up this morning and been out for a spin and im pleased to say what ever you throw at it, it does not seem to knock any more so will have to wait and see. Combe next week will be a good test.

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Nothing loose mate. Just torqued everything up and it seems good. Took it out for a blast and the car feels nice and tight and now you can feel a def benefit of the de-cat