ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knocking grinding from front wheel

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
So this is how it goes, if i'm driving quite "spirited" and i take a left turn there's a hard knocking grinding noise comming from the right hand front wheel area.
If i'm just driving normally (slow) i can turn left and nothing happens.
The driveshaft on that side (right hand side) has just been replaced yesterday, so my guess is that they've farcked up my wheel bearing getting the old driveshaft out.
Does this sound about right, or would there be something else that's wrong?

Please help
vincent

Glanza V
mine makes an awful noise (grinding, nocking, also sligh virbration) when turning left and also when driving around 65-70mph so i suspeced driveshaft so foned up and booked it in. now the otherside is making the same noise so now a need a pair,
:( gutted. as said tho it may be a c.v joint.

mark,

p.s hope it gets sorted m8 espessially with this weather.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
^^Yup i've just phoned my mechanic, he also sais i need to bring it back in lol
Not that i'm amused, rather peed off

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Just got back from the reno garage, problem's solved :D
It's the upper engine mount which is shot, it allows the engine to lean to the right hand side when taking a corner, an thus causing the knocking.
Fix for now is a cambelt cut into pieces and forced inbetween upper part of the mount (the alloy thingy from the engine) and the lower part.
I think i'll be buying a K-tec groupN upper engine mount, as there is only a 4euro price diffrence with the oe item.

Thanks anyways to those who bothered to help:star:

I got the same problem these 2 days. The grinding noise only happen on slow speed and right turn.

I called my garage friend and he said it seems like the CV joint on driveshaft (if I am right). But now is upper engine mount??

I think I better have it check asap.

BTW, really want to know how much does it cost to change the whole driveshaft?? Is it divided into right and left side? Can we just change the CV joint part which cost the grinding?

SQ5
Mines been doing this and all garages are bemused and don't know what it is. I may have to change my upper engine mount to see if this solves the problem.

I get it when turning right and letting of at 30+