ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking from front offside

Alien Green 200
Morrrrrning all.

The cup has developed a knock from the front drivers side when going over bumps at low/med speed in the past couple of weeks, I've had it up in the air and wiggled it all about a bit and there doesnt seem to be any play in anything. All bolts are tight.

Anyone have an idea what it could be? Bit worried cos I had a knock on my old saxo and ended up witht he strut coming off the wishbone ball joint.

I had one from mine admit idly it's a non sport and I did bump it at Christmas into a curb and bent the inner tie rod had a look drop links what fine ball joint was fine grabbed the wheel give it a shake side to side there was a rattling noise came from the inner tie rod that had made its way loose shouldn't be a problem though for you as mine was replace

Alien Green 200
Cheers guys, theres no play in the inner tie rod, Ill check top mount the weekend. Dont think theres any play in balljoint.

Clio 172 Sport
Hi, make sure theres no play on the rack as that can cause quite a pronounced knock especially when cornering even slightly

Alien Green 200
No play in the rack. Only knocks on bumps regardless of steering angle.

Gonna check the top mount and if its shagged buy the Pure Motorsport ones.