ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking from drivers side wheel.....

SQ5
Under acceleration and braking its hardly there, but when pootling along there is just a constand back and forward knocking.

Ball Joint rubber is split so guessing it may be this? Anything else it could be? Also needing new engine mount too...

Cheers in advance

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
I have this exact same problem on my passenger side. I have replaced both ball joints, top mounts, driveshafts and all engine mounts recently. The only things left are wishbone bushes and track rod ends?!

Strange, just like a knocking/clunking noise when lightly launching and lightly braking, all when doing slowing speeds and manoeuvring etc.

It is definately nothing obvious like wheel bolts etc etc etc, had the whole front end apart recently and eradicated lots of little problems, but this small but slightly annoying one is still here. Oh and all brake caliper bolts are tight.

SQ5
Mine was a spacer wheel bolt a little lose but couldnt fall out as wheel was in the way lol!

At a guess have you tried your two engine mounts, centre and rear. Could be the exhuast moving it so much its hitting the subframe. I know its not the definitive area but it could just be noise playing with your ears.

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
As said above, all engine mounts are new, as are all exhaust mounts. After a bit more of a search I'm going to try my front anti roll bar bushes next.