ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking at 70mph main culprits have been dealt with!

I have a mk2 ph2 172 and I get a knocking about 70mph in 5th gear. Most of my driving is done on the dual carrigeway so its annoying to say the least.

No Ive pulled the engine mount forward and tightened it to the right torque as per the guide. Less engine movement and it felt better but still the knocking.

Today I just changed the oil and replaced the dogbone mount and bushes for brand new OEM one. Better gear change once again less movement but still at 70mph there is that knocking:mad:

Any ideas? Im thinking to redo the gearbox mount but if that doesnt do it then is there anything else.

Thanks for the help:cool:

Could be I suppose. I can feel it's coming from under the driver seat somewhere. Annoying as it's right at 70+mph. Which heat shield or exhaust bits are under the drivers side? Thanks

Will check next time if it is my heatsheild. Now Ive replaced my engine mount and adjusted it. Change the dog bone mount.

I have to redo the gearbox mount

check if its the cv joint, how can I check if its knacker or is making the noise?

Driveshaft once again how can I check if it is this?

Manifold hitting on the sub frame, I think it might be this as there is a vibration with the knocking and its quite loud. Is there anyway I can stop this.

Add spacers to the top mounts.