ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knockhill Sunday 1st August

PH2 Track Car
Anyone heading up?

Track day has been changed from the Saturday to Sunday 31st now, will be out there in the Phase 1

Holty

PH2 Track Car
Yeah mate, Saturday was cancelled as only half day and now a full day on the Sunday 1st Aug.

Was meant to be rally cross but it moved in calander.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I might fire up for a few passenger laps, the 172 is for sale and the Golf couldn't pull yer granda off yer granny!

Tappd'd RS
Holty - i take it your the guy with the ph1 from the RSOC where I posted the pics from the last knockhill track session of you in action?

Was up there today with my mate in his red scooby wagon. Seen you h3ppy mate, didn't realise you were on here. You forget to tighten the nuts or something?

clio 182
Yea that was me! I didn't speak to much people tbh, quiet one me!

No they were all torqued up, looks like 2 just sheered out then the other 2 gave up! The renault bolts wouldn't go back in, managed to get 3 ford ones tho and they got me home! Thank christ I took spares and tools!

My only thoughts are the 5mm spacer and not enough thread taking hold!

Anyone get pics?

Did you travel up in the clio? As long as you got home, looked like it needs a new wing too? The missus didn't look too impressed when it happened!

Are the spacers hubcentric?

PH2 Track Car
Alright mate,

Never got a chance to speak to you, everytime you were on track i was in holding area and vice versa lol. You were going well until the incident. First thing i thought was spacer had caused it when i seen you holding it. I see you done the same as me and took the other half up to scare ;)

Hope its not put you off. Much damage other than than the wing?

Was glad to see you got the wheel on when you drove through paddock. Had a new 197 cup in my session, to my surprise i totally thrashed it!

Moby - that was me, what pics were yours? Used to have an EsCos until i got banned for a year. Phase 1 is the current toy just getting back on track again. Great wee car in the bends needs more for the straights!

PH2 Track Car
They were the best pics mate i got fom that day. Actually have the one of me coing over the bend as my mobile wallpaper :)

clio 182
Lol, the misses was delighted! She actually enjoys ut and got stuck in fixin it! Think she got a fright tho!!

Holty..yea it was annoyin, only time I seen you you were on track or I was headin out! I remember sayin to the midses you were gettin away from the 197! Good effort!

Def not put off, still smilin even after my little incident!

Needs a new wing and hub, but going to fully strip the car, remove tints and smoled lights, get some oz's for it with sticky tires before I put it vack on the road!

Anyone get pics from today?

PH2 Track Car
my other half enjoys it too, thats the 2nd one we've done.

no pics i'm afraid only had camera in car.

Gearbox is on its last legs now so that'll be next for me.

clio 182
Think I will get myself a camera as well!

Next time we need to get in the same session, wat time did you arrive?

clio 182
Lol, nice one!

Where did you find them?

Should maybe put a thread up in clio media? Share the misery! And good advert for some spares! Lol

Thanks for finding them

clio 182
na noone hurt mate, well just my ego a bit.........

and im still laughing......dont know how much it will cost to fix yet though!!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
bit of a nightmare h3ppy, weird they just sheered, as you say maybe the spacer caused a problem?!

clio 182
getting a new wing fitted and painted for 130 ;)

i will be back on track soon!

its all part of the fun and risks of track days so no point complaining really, if they had gone back in no problem i would have said they just came loose, but its buggered all the threads, as if they ripped out!

i think i simply had to much grip/pace/driving talent and the wheel nuts couldnt cope..........:rasp: i wish!

Pathfinder n 172cup
i think i simply had to much grip/pace/driving talent and the wheel nuts couldnt cope..........:rasp: i wish![/QUOTE]

stop it my sides are hurting. maybe see you at the next track day at knockhill:lolup:

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
getting a new wing fitted and painted for 130 ;)

i will be back on track soon!

its all part of the fun and risks of track days so no point complaining really, if they had gone back in no problem i would have said they just came loose, but its buggered all the threads, as if they ripped out!

i think i simply had to much grip/pace/driving talent and the wheel nuts couldnt cope..........:rasp: i wish!

decent that chief. Will need to organise a meat near perth before summers out, see all the northern faces and have a wee tour round the wonders of perth/ tayside

clio 182
im up for a meet, dont see why we cant just get a meet at knockhill? its pretty central? and plenty racing to watch......until wheels come off.....

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
yeh could do, but that would involve people spending money to get in, which is where it will fall apart!

Unlucky there h3ppy - glad everyone was ok.

I headed over to where you were putting it back together but didn't get too close....haha. Some people bite yer head off if you go over for a look.:dapprove:

clio 182
Unlucky there h3ppy - glad everyone was ok.

I headed over to where you were putting it back together but didn't get too close....haha. Some people bite yer head off if you go over for a look.:dapprove:

should have come over, i was chuffed people were offering assistance and at the end of the day its a broken clio, nothing to cry about people looking at! lol!

in regards to the meet, its a fiver to get in......surely us scots aint that grippy? and just to push the boat out....£5 for a passenger ride!;)

PH2 Track Car
Could get a cliosport stand at one of the main hot hatch days. done it with rsoc few times.

Pathfinder n 172cup
Knockhill sounds like a good place to meet its got track action and food what more do you want and a fiver will hardly brake th bank:rasp: