ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knock Sensor error code

04BGFF182CLIORS
33vkb9e.png

My emission warning light came on yesterday, and after plugging the car into a generic ODB reader, this was the outcome.

P0325 Knock sensor 1 malfunction (bank 1 or single sensor)

The code was cleared, and the light hasnt come back on in 40 miles...Now my dad, a mechanic of 30+ years explained what this is, and reckons that aslong as the light doesn't come back on it should be fine.

Should I be replacing it now?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Mine was a bit intermittent when mine was bringing up that fault code.

Would come back on when sitting at the same revs for a period of time or certain fuel would bring the code up.

For what it costs I just changed it and been fine ever since.

04BGFF182CLIORS
Ill see if it comes back then. I haven't noticed any change in performance/economy so touch wood it will be ok.

I did fill up with a different fuel than usual (Esso SUL 97) so maybe that caused a hiccup!

I got an engine management light come on a couple days later when I filled up with total 95 fuel (think it came on when I started the car). Plugged the code reader in and it was a P0130 02 sensor blank 1 error. Since the car seemed to be running normal to me I cleared it to see if it returned. Well a couple of days later it did when I started the car; once again car running fine. So what I did was the day I needed fuel I cleared the error/light and filled up with Shell V-Power to which it hasn’t been back on yet and it's been a few days now.

This now has me wondering if it was the fuel or the sensor playing up. I know we have different error codes but my advice is maybe try another fuel company (mind you is each company’s fuel any different?)

04BGFF182CLIORS
Interesting, was yours the Engine light, or emissions?

Its the first time ive used this fuel, so does seem a little suspicious. TBH it usually just gets normal 95 from Shell as its 1.28 around here and I've had no problems.

Yeah sorry meant emissions light. Same one that you had was lit

Well I thought I would try the petrol thing first but if it comes back or the car starts to act up I will then look at the sensors

extreme flamer
I got the exact same code as Martyn last night when I put my engine back together and started the engine (I have a 1.2l 16v), fault code cleared and it seems ok.
Should the sensor be replaced? Or just wait and see how it goes?
Sorry for asking questions on your thread mate but I was just about to make a thread about this then seen yours

If it was me I would have made sure the sensor was clean and check the wires for damage etc. If it seemed fine I would clear the light and then see if it returned and if it did then go about replacing the sensor