ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Killzone 2 IGN 9.4/10

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
lol that will explain it then. i like cooking grenades and then chucking them. lol owned.

It depends on what you fill the disc with mate. Video and audio media will kill the disc. The quality of the graphics themselves don't necessarily eat up space over slightly more ordinary graphics - it's not like there are even any high res textures. If Killzone 2 can't offer a good length game with Blu-ray, then there's a problem.

Crysis is capable of looking far better than KZ2, and it's much longer, with far more explorable levels.

Maybe the 7.1 audio lol, my comments relate to as you say everything and not just graphics, fact is any modern game on DVD fills the disc, geras 2 was a short campaign but it filled the disc so no real room to lengthen it.

Maybe the 7.1 audio lol, my comments relate to as you say everything and not just graphics, fact is any modern game on DVD fills the disc, geras 2 was a short campaign but it filled the disc so no real room to lengthen it.

Yeah but Killzone 2 is a PS3 exclusive, and has Blu-ray. PC is different TBF because the games can come on multiple discs. Disc space is not a valid excuse for KZ2 being so short. Not IMO anyway. It's the shortest shooter I've ever played and yet it comes on Blu-ray, the disc that apparently would signal an era of epic HD gaming (Sony hype).

Oh well. I guess it's ok if you like running around in death matches. Personally I prefer a a nice long campaign to enjoy.

I do ;)

But yes point taken it is a short campaign but no shorter than the rest of the modern crop of shooters such as COD4/5, Gears etc

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
cod 4 was short, but highly enjoyable. indeed, i would go on to say it has been one of the most enjoyable games i have ever played. it is a masterpeice tbh.

Killzone felt good this evening. from the review i have read (from GAMEStm, the only magazine i trust 100%) it has issues that stop it being in that masterpeice level but is still a good game.

I can't really judge until I have completed it and then put some good online time in on it. But my inital views are it is a very good game. It kept my attention well unlike some other FPS' i bought recently. (resitence 2... :()I may well find stuff i don't like but i guess i will wait and see.

Looking forward ot completing it and then going online as that looks GREAT and for me, COD4 was all about the online, the campaign for me was just a few days play whereas the multipalyer gave me months of daily usage.

Clio 172
Crysis is capable of looking far better than KZ2, and it's much longer, with far more explorable levels.

Hmmm, every level in crysis feels the same. The same old textures in the same old jungle, beach or hut. Thats probably why they can do it. Every killzone level is different and the textures are superb. Even down to the detailing of the shadows in gun fire.

Well thats my ten cents anyway.

oh and seb wait till you play online, its immense but i prefer the 18 player games to the 32. The classes are awesome aswell

Lots of ins, lots of outs. You say tomato I say tomato. IMO the textures in KZ2 are nothing special, but I'm used to high end PC games maxing out in high res etc. 720p is a very low res for a PC gamer. Try 1200p ;) I realise it's not that simple. In fact it's a very complex topic, but either way I do not believe that a Blu-ray disc cannot hold a longer campaign. Anyway that's all done now really IMO...

Strangely, I don't recall CoD4 being all that short TBH. It certainly felt a LOT longer than KZ2. Not that I've even finished the very final section of KZ2, and I probably won't bother now. It's just too annoying.

Seb, are you playing Killzone on the default difficulty setting?

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
kz2 is as large as it has over half an hour of fmv.... and gears 2 is only 6 gig, so no , it dosent fill a dvd9

Stone me. That palace section is HARD. I was starting to wish I'd played through on easy, but I finally managed to progress today. I'm at the very final boss fight now, and I'll leave it there for a while. Stress getting just that far but at least it's saved now :eek:

I want to complete the campaign before going online.

EDIT: It will happen though. If only so I can school seb. Watch his ass running around while I shoot holes in it.

Last edited:
Oh well there's roughly zero chance of me finishing that last part before smashing up the PS3. You can't turn around fast enough, and if you stop for half a second to pick up another gun, you're dead. Borderline impossible :D

EDIT: pmsl I've just read that if you kill him in less than 20 minutes you get a special trophy. So 20 minutes to kill one man, no doubt without any save points (again). Enough already FFS. Probably the hardest FPS I've ever played in my life.

Last edited:
just change it to easy roy and try again..

I wasn't aware you could change the difficulty during a campaign? TBH I'd rather soldier on and finish it how I started. It is extremely hard though. Well, almost artificially hard by having a habit of making 20 minutes of play a complete waste of time. Oh well, I must love it or I wouldn't still be playing it. f**king thing :eek:

lol
on the main menu when you select continue game, there is a mission select section, chose the mission you are on then the section you want to play, so fighting radec then you can select the difficulty

Roy did you get the trophies for killing the atac early on and the two mini bosses on the electricity gun level in less than 1min 30 sec

Ah ok. I might try that tomorrow then. Surely I'd have to start the whole level again though (f**k that on any difficulty setting)?

EDIT: reading fail on my part. Okay cheers I will try that before I get to the 'PS3 in the wheelie bin' level of stress ;)

Last edited:
Roy did you get the trophies for killing the atac early on and the two mini bosses on the electricity gun level in less than 1min 30 sec

Dunno, mate. No idea. I think I have some gay medal regarding an atac. You could probably see by checking me out on PSN?

EDIT: Yeah I have Dragonslayer

Last edited:
  Revels Mum & Sister
LOL right pissed of at this as well. Blown up the first artillery cannon, cleared the entire floor and top floor. Then the cnut with me says let me show you the easy way to open the door and promtply just runs in circles like a f**king spastic.

FAIL :( Cannot even progress

What section is that, sweetie? I don't recall a problem with a door. Mind you the memory has probably been washed away by countless hours smashing my lounge up in the final palace section.

Completed :D on medium setting, the final battles were the most difficult this soldier has fought but the Helghast scum got what was coming, Radec was a pain to be killed but a good ending imo and certaintly sets itself up for KZ3!

I doubt I'll bother going back in to kill Radec. The controls are doing my swede in. You have to be able to turn around quickly, and you can't. It's like standing on a record player and waiting until it turns you around. Anyone who thinks that's more realistic than K&M has some serious issues in real life ;)

Me thinks you doth protest too much ;)

Careful tactics can reduce the spin around thing

Yeah well you know I like to have a moan when things aren't going my way. Seriously though, spinning around like you're on a turntable is not realistic or 'weighty' or offering 'inertia'. It just sucks.

Regarding the final battle - It's like they've thought "Ok, we've annoyed the player to hell in order to make the game seem longer, what now?" "I know! Lets make the player have to do something that the controls don't allow, that'll make the game seem at least 10 hours longer without us actually having to design any levels" "Awesome idea!111"

;)

Roy man up ffs ;)

Get Rico one side of Radec and you the other and whilst Radecs firing on Rico you can pop a cap in his ass and vice versa.

Rico? FPMSL. Maybe your Rico differs from mine, but the only thing my Rico is good for is collapsing on the ground like a faggot and crying 'medic'. He's a c**t.

I do know one thing. When I do kill that c**t I'm going to be shouting "YEAHRGGGGH!!!!11 How dy'a like them apples motherfucker??!!!onetwo3"

BTW (no editing FTL) Brazo, why did you ask about the medal? Specific reason related to the final battle?

In post #298 you mentioned you get a special medal for killing Radec in under 20 minutes (I did btw) and I just wanted to know if you got the medal ot trophy for the other timed bosses - thats all:D