ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

killed my valver people

This is scribbler before you get confused i dont have a diesel
im just borrowing the puter.

My baby is dead

http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~scribbler/16v%20images/DSCF0027.JPGhttp://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~scribbler/16v%20images/DSCF0027.JPG

Only doing 25mph spent 6 hours in casualty .

Bloody van parked infront of skip didnt see it when returning to lane.
Anoying thing is they have a drive capable of holding 4 or 5 vehicles which was empty and they parked a bloody great bif van infront of a skip on a mian road.

Brand new wheels smashed couldnt stear and swiped the side of a merc A class.

172 finally on the cards though!

Should i buy back the car? as its only done 44k and the engine was still running ok even though the whole car is bent.

The oil slick is red gearbox oil think the drive shaft popped out

brand new clutch may be ok though!

Mr2 Roadster

If thats only 25, Im selling mine incase I have a crash over 40...

Sorry to see that fella... At least you can get something new!

Yeah thanks guys i recon if i had been doing 40 and the girlfriend had been in the passenger seat, well i dont even want to think about it! The skip obviously didnt absorb any impact coz its solid which is why mine looks so bad had i just hit a car i think things would have been better. Managed to spin the skip round sideways they called out the skip hire people and got it tucked in closer to the kerb and added cones and moved the van back down the road b**stards before i got chance to photograph it. Got awhitness the lady behind me to say that the van was parked so that the skip was obscured and that i was only going slow may have a case.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Sorry to see that mate, must not be nice.

If they have now changed the position of the skip and displayed warning cones, then YES you will have a case. If it was fine and completely your fault then they wouldnt have repositioned the skip.

I would argue the case, you may win.

Ps. Always carry a camera in your car. You never know when you might need it. Disposable costs £2.99. very cheap and could cost you £££.

VW Potato

yes, a skip must be marked with cones and flashing lights. If not, the person who placed the skip is liable for injuries/damage it causes to other road users. Count yourself lucky mate - people are killed crashing into those things.

g

The skip had one cone infront and lights tagged on the side although the van was parked as to obscure all view of the skip surely distance should be put between the van and the skip so you can see the warning cone/lights on approach. The skip now has about 5 cones around it the lights are flashing and the van is parked oon the drive - surely admission of guilt?

I might by the car back for breaking what do you think?

Low millage engine for sale was running after the incident you can see the damage on the photo the oil is red from the gear box. engine sounded ok also brand new clucth cant verify the quality of any of the parts at the mo just scouting for interest bu it was all in good shape befor the crash

sh*t man...thats gotta piss u off! good that yur fine though. so youre completely insured and everything yeah? (as in yu wont have to make a claim)

And to think I smashed my 19 at 80 mph and I am still driving it. Took out about 20 foot of motrway barrier.

A sledgehammer and a scrapped car was all it took to repair the beast.

But a skip full of crap isnt going to give so that would case a bit o damage.

Anyway onto a better motor now eh!

Saying about carrying a camera in your car, Renault gave me an accident kit with my new Clio, has everything you need should you be involved in an accident. A bloody good idea in my opinion

Thats bad luck about your car mate, hope it all gets sorted with minimal cost to you!!!

Bad luck m8 - Id get the witness to make a statement asap! Though your insurance will probably be on the case pretty quickly anyway.

Id buy it back if it was a good price - if nothing else, youll have a nice garage full of spares for when that stolen recovered with no engine and a stripped interior comes in! ;)