ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

kicking a 172/182's teeth in????

impreza sti prodrive
in the very near future ill be looking for a new car either as a sensible daily driver & for show sumthing like a focus rs as im already into that scene. or somthing to use as a daily driver & also as a track toy kicking its teeth in & generaly getting abused NOT CHAV STYLE. i used to own a 182 hence the name etc but i never tracked my old 1.

what they like on track & driving back after a good thrash?

Depends on how well you prepare them and how well you can drive it - both in terms of maintaining speed and in terms of creating situations of increased wear when its not required.

In most cases a completely standard car will 'last' better on track than a badly modified/prepared car.

Cheers
M

impreza sti prodrive
good answer cheers bud. if im to buy another clio then it will see track action. i was thinking keeping it basicaly standrad bar tyres & coilovers

Not a bad idea at all. If you intend to do extended track sessions on a regular basis I would budget for rear wheel bearings quite often as well. I have a bearing spec that we use in 24 hour endurance races but its quite pricey and to be honest not required for track day cars.

Might also be worth looking at some form of oil temp and pressure monitoring, cheap SPA dual gauge or similar would do fine. May save on expensive engine failures and allow you to judge if some form of upgraded oil cooling is required.

Wear rates really do depend on how hard you drive the car though, and hard doesn't necessarily mean fast!

Cheers
M

impreza sti prodrive
i no wahat you mean. hard in a straightline aint necicarly fast in a corner etc. i class my self as a good alround driver tbh. are oil temp guages simple to fit to a clio engine? im a mechanic btw so no need to simplify.lol

thanks nic