ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keyless start working, keyless entry not

182 Trophy & Megabusa
Hi all,

My 200T has keyless entry and keyless start but the keyless entry doesn't work to open or lock the car? I've done a fair bit of google'ing and forum raiding on the topic and not found anyone with the same issue yet.

Keycard works fine with the buttons and keyless start works fine so I am guessing the batteries are fine, no 'card not detected' messages so I am assuming they are sync'd just fine. What else could it be, just door sensors? Neither drivers door or passenger door works and surely it's unlikely on a 8 month old car both doors would go? Any thoughts or ideas?

If it's anything major it's in warranty worst case.

Cheers.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You've read the manual regarding the use and function of this system yes? As the vehicle is under warranty I'd take it to your nearest dealer and be done.

200 GORDINI
mine was sensor in the door handle.apparently its quite common.did mine under warranty and been fine since.

182 Trophy & Megabusa
I solved the problem with some more online browsing. Just to confirm for anyone else who does searches and wants a similar answer in the future. Found some info on the renault forums;

Unlocking and locking your car with the buttons on the keycard automatically overrides the keyless entry/exit function, though it will still start the car keyless. You need to put the keycard into the slot on the dash to 're-sync' the keycard for keyless entry/exit. When you've turned off the car you can shut the door and press the button on the handle to lock or simply just walk off and when you are 3 or 4 metres away it will beep and flash the hazards to confirm it is locked. When opening, it detects the key, you press the button on the handle and it opens. So providing you don't ever use the keycard buttons you'll never need to put into the keycard slot.

Mine works perfectly now that I re-synced it again. This is just for the 200T though, may be different for other models.

Hope this helps someone.