ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key Won't Lock the Car

172 + 350z
So this is a strange one in my opinion.
The electronic zapper part on my keys all of a sudden stopped working today when I was in town.
I don't think it is the battery as it still lights up and prior to it stopping working it was reaching from a good 20M away.
My only problem now is I can't lock the car as the barrel in the passengar side door only seems to be locking that door, not sure if that should be the case or not.
The car still starts fine (not 100% how these things work but might be of use) just a bit unsure on what to do for locking the car and would ideally like the zapper back working.
Suggestions welcome.

When you lock a door with the key, it only does that door.

It could be be battery in the zapper. Or if you've dropped the keys it might need fixing (mine had to be re soldered)

172 + 350z
When you lock a door with the key, it only does that door.

It could be be battery in the zapper. Or if you've dropped the keys it might need fixing (mine had to be re soldered)

So because only the passenger side has a key hole I can only lock that door?
I will try the battery as suggested but to be honest I don't think it is that as it still is lighting up fine.
How easy are the fobs to open up?

BG V6, LY 182
The barrel will only lock passenger side.
Open passenger door, press the lock button inside. Lock passenger with the key. Hey presto, car is locked.

Yep, you can only lock the one with an actual door lock (apart from what he just said above)

The fobs are pretty easy to open up, but it is a bit of a pain in the backside.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
The fob should slide apart - take any ring off it. On mine when this happened I had to replace the motorised lock which had stopped working. It cost £10 for a second hand one.