ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key Plip / Central locking has Stopped Working

In between cars....
Hi guys

Well was away out tonight, jumped back in the car to head home and it unlocked fine

Jumped out at home and tried to lock the car with the plip but its doing nothing :(

Tried the spare key and its doing nothing

The wee button on the dash is locking and unlocking stuff as usual

So i tried re-syncing by puting the key in the ignition, onto first click and pressing the button, indicators flashed and it locked

Anything else i can try?

Megane dci 130
If its both keys that have gone, your problem probably lies with the UCH itself. Get renault to Try re synching them on clip 1st though.

Pressuming the batterys are ok.

In between cars....
Right got a new battery, weird one this

The plips will lock/unlock and arm/disarm as normal when the keys are used INSIDE the car

When i get outside the car and try them, nothing

So the keys are still sending and the car is still receiving BUT at extremely short range

Any ideas folks????

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
seems to be something up with the transmitter in key or the reciever in the car if its only working at such as short range.

Light, still lights up on the key when you press the button?

im not too sure where the reciever in the car is.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What do you class as short distance? My 172 oly worked up to say 1.5 metre from the car, 182 is probably 30+

In between cars....
The uch unit from what i can make out is under the glove box, pretty sure i found it this morning

Key is still lighting up and that yeah, only thing for it is to shoot down renault i think, see what they have to say, hate going to the stealers

Whats so special about this "Clip" the car goes on, is it just a diagnostic? could other garages not try re-syncing the key and car?

What do you class as short distance? My 172 oly worked up to say 1.5 metre from the car, 182 is probably 30+

i can unlock mine from about 30 - 35 metres if i have a line of sight.

1.5m is very short.

are you sure you put the new battery in the remote? and not put the old one back in?

In between cars....
Aww nightmare, they have the monopoly on it then, no doubt they will track and sh*ft me on it then

Da

Less
It's not such a Monopoly when you think about it really, if every back street garage could code keys/immobilisers etc our Cat 1 vehicle security would be a joke ;)

Da

Less
A locksmith is one thing, cutting a key is simple. But coding the immobiliser and remote plip now that's something else... ;)

The immobiliser is part of the ECU (iirc) so even an auto electrician would struggle with that one.

In between cars....
No worries, thanks for the help mate

Booked into renault first thing tomorrow, hopefully its an easy fix