ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key fob

535d / t5 caravelle
Who do I need to see about getting my remote keyfob working again, it de-activates the immobiliser, but does not open the doors via remote , I have to unlock the passenger side and get in that way, and what is it likely to cost?

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Exact problem I had... the key has a small pcb board inside and there is a tiny 5mm button which has likely came away from the board. I can fix this for you if you are prepared to send your key to me. Failing that a new key at main dealer would set you back around 140 pounds. Reason being they dont just give you a new key, it has to be programmed to the car also.

When you press the key does the light show and do you feel the "click" if you do then maybe its not the button, but id be surprised if its not.

535d / t5 caravelle
Exact problem I had... the key has a small pcb board inside and there is a tiny 5mm button which has likely came away from the board. I can fix this for you if you are prepared to send your key to me. Failing that a new key at main dealer would set you back around 140 pounds. Reason being they dont just give you a new key, it has to be programmed to the car also.

When you press the key does the light show and do you feel the "click" if you do then maybe its not the button, but id be surprised if its not.

Hi mate, very kind of you to offer to fix it, no light shows and I don't feel a click, this is on both my keys, I am quite happy to get just the one repaired though really for the time being, think I may have to get a auto locksmith to look at it.?

535d / t5 caravelle
A massive thank you to Mforan2012! Anyone with key fob probs, send this man a pm, saved me a fortune, repaired 2 faulty keys for me, for a fraction of the price Renault or an independent mobile auto electrician would have charged, 100 % trustworthy and a very quick turn around, thanks again pal, nice doing business with you:)