ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

key fob problems can anyone help?

200bhp itb'd iceberg
hi everyone
having a few problems with my clio key fob
noticed it wasnt working aswell over time, sometimes you would have to press it a couple of times to open it i thought maybe its the battery in the key goin so bought a new battery for it and now it doesn't work at all!

do you have to re-programme the fob or anything like that?
any help will be much appreciated!

forgot to say the little red light on the fob doesn't light up either even with the new battery =[

jono

182 has now gone!
Try disconnecting and re connecting the battery before taking it to a dealer.. Worked when my central locking was playing up. Renault wanted to charge me £400 for a new unit!

200bhp itb'd iceberg
really? bloody hell!
the only thing is my cars locked sat on my drive and i cant unlock it to get init! lol =[

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
its funny you should start this thread....mine has just gone wrong to. the switch inside on the curcuit has come away so when I press the button it does nothing...got to find an electrician who can solder it back for me

'95 Astra :-(
Hi.

My 172 came with 2 keys. One was not working so got a new battery but it still did not work. I took it apart and as per Pearl_Black, the micro switch had come off the circuit board (broken solder joints)

I just soldered it back on. The switch has quite large contact pads as does the circuit board (relatively speaking).

Place the switch back onto the circuit board and hold the solder iron onto one pad at a time and you should get a nice joint.

Higgy.

1.2 16v Extream, Black
take the curcit ot the fob see if the little switch has snapped off mine did and i got one of my mates to slder it back on and it workin again now :D