ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key fob Problem wont lock or unlock car

R60 CUP
Hi

Basically yesterday my key fob stopped working all of a sudden no red light is coming on at all! the key starts he car fine no issues there at all, so i assumed it was the battery in the fob, so today at work i got my hands on a new battery for the fob and fitted it and put the fob back together but the red light wont come on still and obvs i still cant lock and unlock the car via the fob because of this but it still starts the car fine so no immobiliser issues! so im baffled does anyone have any ideas?

Apparently the little button on the PCB that get's activated by the push-button on the keyfob can become detached/mismatched, if you gently open the key, and push in the pcb button- does the light come on?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
It happened to me randomly, Renault had to re-code both keys. Cost me around £50.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If the red LED on the keyfob isn't working then chances are it'll be as per post #2, button on the PCB has busted or broken loose from the board.

The fact the car starts with this same key says the imob is fine. I bet the CL button on the dash locks/unlocks the doors fine to... if so you need a key repair not replacement.

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Dealers won't repair just replace. Loads of repair services on eBay or I do it for £10 bit you'll have to travel

Before shelling out for a repair try this. Sit in the car, hold the central locking button on the lower dash until the red blinking light on the dials stays on. When it does this press the key fob button, you should hear it locks work when you do this.
Hope it helps, worked for me a few weeks back :)