ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key detection problems

2011 Clio 1.6 gordin
Hi everyone just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for me regarding an issue I'm having atm,

The basic situation is the car doesn't seem to detect the key in or outside the car.
I've tried changing the battery in both keys, charged the battery on the car and recently had both keys resynchronized with the car. The tech said the card reader seemed to be showing a fault but he has never known that to happen it's more likely the key would have been the issue.
Before I spend a fortune at a dealer to try and get this fixed is there any tricks to try?
The car is the 2011 Clio GT

Thanks in advance ?

megane 285 sport
Do you use the card in the slot or in your pocket? They have been known to stop picking up the card for being used outside the slot for so long. Mine did, and after using the slot more often the times i did use it keyless it worked fine.

2011 Clio 1.6 gordin
Thanks for the reply ?
I pretty much have never had to use the key in the slot for the past five years apart from when the battery got low, I am currently using it in the card slot but sometimes it is having trouble detecting it from there.

I was thinking the reader itself may have an issue and swapping that out may work but haven't looked into how much work that would take as of yet.