ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

key coding

right chaps,
i smashed my key in a raging mood by thowing in but only smahed the casing, everything inside was fine. so i bought a second hand key from ebay so i could use the casing.
when putting the key back together i noticed the little switch that 'pops' the central locking had snapped off;
so, the internals of the key i bought (which are in perfect condition) are obviously not coded to work with my car. instead of buying a whole new key from Renault for £120, is it possible for them to code the key i have to my car instead?
Cheers everyone.

ibiza cupra
is that how much the keys are from renault bl**dy hell. i need a new spear key but i didnt know they where that much

LY 182
trade - renault charged me just under 30quid plus vat to code a key to my car.
so if you can get hold of a new plip key cheap (part number 8200100173) then you are laughing

trade - renault charged me just under 30quid plus vat to code a key to my car.
so if you can get hold of a new plip key cheap (part number 8200100173) then you are laughing
do you know of anywhere you can get new keys mate other than from renault themselves?

I can always get u 1 with my discount, if u was local cuda coded it cheap too. Altho depending on the car, sum keys are ordered to chassis number and can take 2 weeks to come from france

I can always get u 1 with my discount, if u was local cuda coded it cheap too. Altho depending on the car, sum keys are ordered to chassis number and can take 2 weeks to come from france
cheers mate, well il ring Renault again 2moro and see how long it would take because as i say, im really trying to sell the car.

Beware if you buy a new one off ebay and your key needs ordering to chassis number then it wont code to the car, and ul av to fork out again.

ducato locksmith van
When you say it dos'nt work, do you mean it wont start the car or button wont unlock the doors.
Shame your not near me.