ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

kevs 172

ibiza cupra
gutted :(. the guy who is doing my exhuast has told me that i will have to wait till monday now as he has to change the tools to do a 2.5 inch bore exhuast for me but they have got loads of work they need to get done with the current equipment. i dont mind as they are doing it as a favour for me at a really good price so cant complain really but i am gutted as my mate has just got his on punto gt back on the road and we were gonan go for a spirited drive this weekend but now it will have to wait lol.

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Dont quite know if i would have the nuts to sand my paintwork, but yours looks epic. Credit to ya mate.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Love a black 172 and this one looks seriously clean!

However I think bright silver would look nice rather than white

ibiza cupra
yeah i know what you mean but i just wanted to do something to it that made it mine and stand out from the rest of them. although having said that since i have done mine, afew black clios with white bits have started apearing around my area :(.

ibiza cupra
well got my exhuast done today and eerrrmm well, to put it simple. IT`S LOUD AS F**K. it sounds wicked but i think it may be a little too loud. its nice when on idle and have a nice burble to it when driving normaly but when flooring it (it sounds awsome) but on the way back down the revs its very loud indeed so i may end up getting a middle box put in after all lol. i think alot of this is down to the acuestics of the actual car rather than the exhuast but im going to keep it for a bit to see how i get on with it. heres some pics anyway

rear silencer (that silences nothing lol)
Photo0704.gif

middle section (strait through)
Photo0703.gif

and silenced de cat (which again, silences nothing lol)
Photo0691.gif

i also got a little prezzie off the bloke who did it for me lol
Photo0706.gif

one for me and one for the missis (i really dont think she will approve haha)

ill try and get a vid up tomorow to show you all

ibiza cupra
well today i decided that it is a bit too loud so though i would try to soften the blow of the noise a bit by insulating the boot in some way. to do this i decided to get some sheets of polystyrene and line the boot flor out with it. so went out and got this
Photo0707.gif

lay it out on the floor put the carpet back in and then when i went to put my sub back in i realised that it had lifted the floor too much for the stelth shelf to go in over the top of it so i then thought ahh ill kill two birds with one stone. this was because my sub has a habbit of slidding around the boot when driving which isnt the safest thing in the world so i did this
Photo0708.gif

then tryed it and...
Photo0709.gif

i then finished it off like this.
Photo0710.gif

and this is how it looks (minus the amp and shelf)
Photo0711.gif

not bad eh. just a shame it did fook all to the noise level :mad: but at least it will stop the sub getting damaged anymore.
i am in the middle of loading the vids of the exhuast so when they are done i will get them up.
cheers for looking and as allways comments welcome.

ibiza cupra
heres the vids. unless you listen to them through a stereo, you cant really hear how loud it is
[YOUTUBE]LkH2Zkz8HhI[/YOUTUBE]
and heres one from the inside
[YOUTUBE]oCNJ7vLXx9o[/YOUTUBE]
hope this works lol im not too good at the ol`youtube thing

BMW E92/Audi S3
Nice! Can you do my wheels?! For a price of course ;)
Im from your way. I remember seeing you down hams!

ibiza cupra
not sure mate. mine is on a 51 plate (2001) and is one of the early face lift models so i assume if its not because of you being in another country, it will be because its on a plate where they started to change things. ill have a look in another cs next time i see one.

Clio Sport Ph2
Hm, mine is from 11/2001 and have a red starting from 7250.
Strange.

My rev limiter is on 7300 cca. (all stock). Yours?

Last edited:
  ibiza cupra
yeah same mate, all stock. limits at 7300 (when warm).
like you say, strange. you got any pics mate.

ibiza cupra
been a while so ive got a little update (if you can call it that lol)
Photo0771.gif

Photo0772.gif

Photo0773.gif

Photo0774.gif

Photo0775.gif

and a fancy one thanks to mr duck ;)
411.gif

hoping to get some money for xmas so was going to get an rs tunner but i would need to get a lap top too so for the money it would cost me for the pair im thinking live remap:evil:

ibiza cupra
cheers mate, starting to run out of ideas to keep the thread goin lol.
wouldnt have replaced them if it wernt for the painters at work throwing my old ones away by mistake. still i think it looks better now so they did me a favour in the end

ibiza cupra
cheers mate, glad you like it.
i did the lettering on the bullets carefully by hand with an art brush then when they get a bit tatty, i just go over them with some black marker lol. wheels are starting to look a bit tatty again and it is in need of another detailing session so when the weather gets better im going to get my finger out and spend some time on it. also trying to raise some funds for a remap so hopefully that will be coming in the future

ibiza cupra
well i havent done an update for ages as nothing has been done since the exhaust other than putting a new coil pack on it as it was running like crap and sounded like a scoobie which sorted it only now it has started again (well did it once). also putting a ne cv joint on it tomorrow as it is clunking when i go round corners sp ill get glad to get that done. then im gona start saving for a remap and some coilies i think.

Last edited:
  ibiza cupra
Still haven't seen this in the metal.
i know lol. it looks abit sorry for its self at the momment because it is filthy but once i get the stupid bloody drive shaft sorted im gona giv it a good spring clean lol.
speaking of the drive shaft, ive had a right mere with it. its only the cv joint that has gone and managed to find a company that deal in reconed cv`s so managed to get one through them so i waited 3 weeks for it and arranged with my mate to do it this sat just gone. got to work in the morning as we wanted to use the ramps there and set to work. after abit of tugging, pulling, levering and hammering the drive shaft came out and the cv joint was faily easy to get off but then when we compared the 2 cv`s, the new one looked different. there was no cerclip to hold it on nad the hole was too small to fit the shaft into, let alone the whole thing being about 5mm smaller in diameter. so i rang them and told them what a bunch of tw@ts they are. also to make things worse i work 15 miles from home and work had decided that they were shutting up at 12. so not only did i have no cv but i didnt have enough time to put the thing back together again properly so i ended up leaving it at work all weekend and my mate is now having to give me a lift to and from work untill the whole shaft arrives that i have ordered from renault.
bloody cars :mad:

ibiza cupra
dont really get time to do them anymore mate. i usto do them at work when it was quiet but i got colard by the gaffer and he had my pants down for it lol.

ibiza cupra
well i finally got the drive shaft done tonight so hopfully that will solve the knocking/grinding i was getting before (fingers crossed). hopefully the weather is going to0 get better soon so i can wash the dam thing.

ibiza cupra
guess what, the knocking is still there :mad:, any got any ideas what it could be?
it only does it on the passenger front wheel when im going round a right hand turn at about 20 - 30 mph and above.

ibiza cupra
its been a while so think i need to up date lol. fitted new mintex pads to the front as they were on their way out but have no pics. also done some investigating and took a trip up to fred to get his oppinion on what the knockin was and he said its probly a mixture of the top mounts and engine mounts so i took a look at the upper gear box mount and one of the nuts was 2 1/2 turns loose so took them off and replaced them with some new nylock nuts but that still never got rid of the knocking :mad:. i also got my hands on a set of powerflex bushies for the dog bone mount and fitted them today
Photo0949.gif

Photo0950.gif

getting old one off
Photo0952.gif

all powerflexed up and ready to go back on. and yes i know the the centres are in the wrong bushies lol.
Photo0953.gif

was supprised at how easy it was to do. no problems or difficaltys at all :D

and guess what, it seems to have done the trick :D. no knocking as of yet. car also feels a bit more composed and alot less jalty when accelerating. gear changes seem a bit smoother too but im not sure if its all in my head lol.
i have also got the top mounts so still got to do them and i have also ordered some 7mm magnecor leads. hopfully this should stop the little missfire i keep getting but ill check the plugs whilst im changing the leads.

also went to santa pod again but only managed a 15.4 this time :( but i put it down to all the things that need doing so hopfully when its all done i will be able to break into the 14`s (fingers crossed)
santapodjune10.gif

ibiza cupra
well me and my mate got the top mounts done yesterday and they were foowked so definatly needed doing.
Photo0986.gif

Photo0985.gif

the old ones:dead:
Photo0987.gif

Photo0988.gif

cars feels a bit better in the corners now as they look like they have needed doing for quite a while lol.
should be getting the ht leads at some point this week. just waiting for them to be delivered then just going to change the gear box mount and upper engine mount as there is still a slight knock when pulling off but other than that. the car is sound... apart from the speedo has decided to start playing up:mad: . so thats another thing im going to have to get sorted lol.

ibiza cupra
ive orderd one through work as it was only £20.
bit more progress too.
Photo0991.gif

Photo0992.gif

only got the standard 7mm ones as i didnt want to get anything bigger than original because of the stories i have heard. still pops if im in low revs in second and go to pull off but think a remap may sort that which im gona start saving for.

and also, the trusty sticker ;)
Photo0993.gif