ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kerbed Wheel

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
:dapprove:

Can i just make the point first that ive never kerbed a set of wheels (at least a set i cared about!) because i think wheels make a car, so imagine how i felt when this happened:

DSCF0077.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

I was driving down a tight road, usually what happens is that the person down hill carries on and the person on the other side goes into the layby or runs up the kerb (it sits flat with the road and you drive up it) so you can both get through. Anyway i was heading down and then realised the woman coming the other way wasnt about to give me room, this resulted in me moving out of her way whilst she forked ME, and well, the result is above. :(

Anyway, im onthe hunt for a new wheel (and tyre by the looks of it!) but want to make this a spare now and this is where i need your help.

Im thinking of getting the wheel rubbed down around the edge, fill it, rub down and then hopefully get the same paint from renault, use a artists brush to get a layer of paint, sand down, laquer, sand down again until flat and then hit it with the Porter cable or a strong compound by hand?

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
How come this is in here? Its paintwork im discussing which would be more suitable in the detailers section wouldnt it?