ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kent Members I need your input.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Hi all those in the Kent area.
I need an idea of how many of you guys are out there and willing to go to meets.
I'm aware of the numbers we usually get for Essex meets but need to get a rough idea of numbers and locations for you Kentish Boys and Girls.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
We used to have meets at the Grasshopper in Westerham, some place called Devils Dyke is suppossed to be good, Megzy is the best person to ask, that Wharf at Dartford was very expensive but okay for parking as no one turns up.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
We used to have meets at the Grasshopper in Westerham, some place called Devils Dyke is suppossed to be good, Megzy is the best person to ask, that Wharf at Dartford was very expensive but okay for parking as no one turns up.
What's expensive at the wharf Ian? I thought it was pretty normal in there.

Matt, Kent is a bit of an enigma. It's greatly lacking for venues really.

You've got:

The bowling place down in Tonbridge
The Grasshopper Inn in Weterham
The Wharf in Dartford
Bluewater
Brands hatch (this was what I was going to setup at some point as the location is good tbh).

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
It all depends how far into Kent you want to venture, and what your looking to do activity wise.

tumblr_m2jtqxEHfv1rtq5n2o1_500.jpg

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
It can be nice in the summer (happy to suggest locations for food / photos etc)
Ron, nice young ladies in Herne Bay are few and far between!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
To be honest it would of been perfect if we had got applications from a few people in Kent so that we could of split it up in to North/South etc.

Unfortunately we had none from the Kent area so Matt has stepped up to the plate

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
It can be nice in the summer (happy to suggest locations for food / photos etc)
Ron, nice young ladies in Herne Bay are few and far between!

I love it there mate. It's a proper good old fashioned seaside town. My best mate bought a house in Sturry years ago so spent time down there then as well.

I'd be more that happy to drive down there for a summer meet. Could make a day of it.

The 'I'm a lady' little Britain sketches were filmed there iirc?

The girl I was seeing was lovely but it was back during my shagger days and I ended up treating her pretty badly :( not proud of that lol

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Quite a lot gets filmed here actually.
some of the "I'm a lady" was done, along with a few Vicky Pollard scenes (in my local oddly enough), and more recently a wartime series based around Norfolk got filmed here (no idea why!)

There's bike meets here most evenings in the summer.

I feel bad not being able to say the same about going somewhere for a day meet (I'd be right up for it tbh), but homelife can make it difficult at times.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Rob all pubs seems expensive compared to our spoons, must be some in Kent could be used for meets.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I feel bad not being able to say the same about going somewhere for a day meet (I'd be right up for it tbh), but homelife can make it difficult at times.

I know what you mean mate. I have 2 young kids at home and I work shifts so it can be difficult.

Hopefully if we can give plenty of notice of meets it will make easier to plan for them :)

Arctic 182
I'm right down in the arsehole of Kent lol, in Herne Bay (near Canterbury). Would be willing to drive for the right turn out, but it's a bit far for a little local meet (with respect of course).
Edit; just seen the convo about Herne Bay (woo!), I know there's a few of us from around this area, agree with Ron about it being perfect for a little summer meet, but this time of year it's too cold! I need to get more involved in the meets tbh but with work it's a bit of a nightmare.
Just to reiterate though, for the right turn out I wouldn't mind driving to you lads up in Essex-ey area!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
There's actually a few of us local to here, Renault UK (will I get banned for mentioning them?) arranged a mini do here a couple of weeks back and with 3 days notice 9 or so guys turned up.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
There's actually a few of us local to here, Renault UK (will I get banned for mentioning them?) arranged a mini do here a couple of weeks back and with 3 days notice 9 or so guys turned up.

lol no mate we have no issues with RUK. I speak with Chris Savage via text every now and then.

I look forward to meeting you all when @Pacman. sorts a meet out.

Arctic 182
Yeah that little meet wasn't too bad was it @levaz, shame I couldn't stay long.
@Sunglasses_Ron, you know it well enough by the sounds of it but I think others would enjoy it! Could even make the most of it & have a blast down to Margate (despite it being a s**t hole now lol) as I imagine not many people get down to the coast that often.

Edit (again) Def up for something when pacman arranges it though. I'll work around work!

Silver 182
Hi guys. Sorry for taking ages to reply. Would normally get an email when I get tagged.

Anyways, I'm based in Gillingham, but I am willing to travel for meets. Bluewater is Good for me. Not really sure of any locations to meet around here.

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
I would make the effort for a Herne Bay meet in the summer, my sister is at uni in Canterbury and will make a weekend of it. Went to Herne Bay earlier this year, the cafe on the cliff is alright for a fry up

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I would make the effort for a Herne Bay meet in the summer, my sister is at uni in Canterbury and will make a weekend of it. Went to Herne Bay earlier this year, the cafe on the cliff is alright for a fry up

Up at reculver?
I used to run the bar next to it lol

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Excellent we now have got the ball rolling!
Will research some new locations and hopefully get a Kent meet organised soon.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Although, just a little further up that same road you've got whitstable castle, that'd make a good backdrop for a photoshoot, and the bowling alley is literally 100 meters past that.

Or theres reculver towers and the pub there for food on the other side of herne bay

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Would be nice to have a jaunt down to the Romney marshes/dymchurch now it'll be quiet. Stop off at dungeoness and go in the pilot etc