ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keeping the stalk

I want to upgrade my original renault headunit but I want to keep the remote control stalk.

I know sony make an adapter but do any other HU makers offer stalk adapters

Any help much appreciated!

Neil

Neil, try http://www.autoleads.co.ukwww.autoleads.co.uk these peeps make a whole range of adapters for the clio, allowing you to keep hold of the pre-built remote stick!! however i am i bit pissed to find after my recent investment in a new pioneer DEH 6400 R, there are no adapters to convert the clio remote!! :mad::(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

ok i have the alpine "box" its easy to fit but some of the controls change around from standard

however this can be changed (you can assign any button to contol anything, almost! by swapping the wires round)

the thumb wheel doesnt work in cd mode (if you had a changer it would change disc) but apart from that its mostly the same

The control wires plug into the back of the clock in the dash. its a red connector (molex)

the alpine box plugs in to a 3.5mm jack at the back of the unit and is powered by the remote lead (there are two) just plug in and go!!

After looking on the autoleads website the y dont seem to do an adapter at all for the Phase 1 Clio Remote stalk!

1st pic shows the alpine adaptor mounted next to the airbag, 2nd pic shows how it connects to the wire that was pluged into the back of the clock, as said above other wires conncet to remote turn on and into the back of the head unit.

Cool, I might do just that, Renault fitted a new dash and its got more squeeks than a squeeky thing on a squeeking holiday competition (or something)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

you mean more squeaks than a squeaky man going to squeaky world when its "squeaky people get in free" day