ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kangoo Mounts fitted - The verdict

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Chaps,

I have my Kangoo top mount and upper gearbox mount fitted along with my new lower mount and poly-bushed dog bone.

The car is definatley much tighter with instant throttle response and a very solid feel now, even the ride is improved. There is no extra vibration caused by the mounts.

However, my top mount was originally sheared so the effect of the new mounts may be accentuated by this.

Plus, when really shoeing it through second, I still get the exhaust/manifold catching/resonating on the subframe. I know this is due to the positioning of the engine as the upper gearbox mount was loose last week and this symptom was terrible at that point.

My verdict: If you think you have dicky mounts and/or have done 50k plus on your existing mounts, change all four as the difference will be noticeable.

However, i'm not sure I'd bust a gut to change mounts just for the sake of fitting Kangoo items.

172 Race Car
Interesting.

Are they diesel mounts then? whats the reason for choosing these over the stock ones?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Yep, TD mounts.

The theory goes that they have stiffer compound rubber. The buffers on the top mount are definately more substantial but I couldn't say how much effect that would have in isolation.

I chose them as my local motor factors didn't stock RS mounts.

Renaultsport Clio 172
Can you post a pic, I asked for a kangoo diesel mount and it was way very dislike. Just a round thing without the buffers around like the clio's.

Just to confirm