ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k850 or n95

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
mobile phone due to run out in next 3weeks, i know as done b4 when i go to cancel they offer me and phone of choice with decent contract.

Got n73 at mo, looking at either n95 now for free or hang on to k850? Problem is im v v impacient and prob wont be free.

has anyone got the n95? How is it overall? Camera, battery and GPS i would like to know best about please.....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
N95 is simliar to the phone you have with extra features.

The camera is average, and the GPS is largely useless.

K850 FTW..

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
take it k850i hasnt got gps? i have tomtom software on my n73 but no gps signal, would i be able to use that on sony? I was thinking tho the k850 is very similar to what i have with a 5mp camera

VaVa
Went from K800i to N95.... and despite all the extra features, I'd have my old SE back in a heartbeat.

SE FTW everytime. My N95 is slower than Jenson Button.

Der Panzer
I just don't like the button config on the K850i.

Both are very capable phones though.

RenaultSport clio 172
what are you going to use most, camera or phone?

ive got the N73 and its sheeiiite, wouldnt touch the N95 after my experience with this phone, k850 it mate

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
erm need good camera, will use it mostly for phone and texts but like the idea of gps as could u it at work..

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
SE phones are crap. Poor software, constant problems and the k800i is the worst phone I have ever owned.

Ive gone back to Nokia and very happy with my choice

VaVa
Each to their own.

It's the little things with Nokias that really rack me off. Like dealling with bluetooth files as messages. What the f**k's that all about?

With SE, not only do you see a file transfer progress bar, but it automatically saves it to the right place.

Like I said, it's all in the details. And the 5mp camera is distinctly average. Video recording is first class for a phone though.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
That review is flawed, if you read it all but the K850 comes out on top if you remove the video scores.

I know what you mean about file transfer, just like the stupid vcard system.
With se you can send the phone book as one file, something nokias cannot do.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
N95 camera is excellent.. very pleased with it. GPS is great if your out and about and need directions, the new Nokia maps is much better than the standard maps and I found the GPS locked faster.

The N95 without the latest firmware is sluggish and buggy but the latest firmware seems to solve all those problems. Only issue is battery life but I can live with charging it every night.. other might not..

CJ

Blue ph1 172
As said, N95 has alot more features but K850 has a (slightly) better camera and is easier to use.