ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tecracing, pipercross relocation kit.

Hey! Does anyone have the k-tec racing pipercross relocation induction kit for the 1.2 16v clio? Is it any good, does it make a good noise, is it worth £150? It looks the b****cks but its alot of money for an induction kit thats sh*t!

I bought the S.T. exhaust from k-tec racing for my clio and i have had nothing but bother with it. Any one else had the same problem?

Would like also to say alright to the other members. just joined and think the site is great!

Cheers.

Lionel Richie

The PiperX induction kit isnt loud at all!!!!!! BUT it gave myself and Bambam very good powergains on the Rolling Road!!!

Whats wrong with your k-tec exhaust????

The exhaust would not sit square, the middle joint kept working its way loose. I am under it every two weeks tightening and most of the time replacing the clamp. The back box is far to heavy i think for the hanger. Very Bad design. The hanger rubber is about to break as well with all the strain. Not Happy! K-tec says there is nothing wrong with it.

My Brother also bought one for his172 and had to get an inch of his to get it to fit. Alot of hassle.

Chris.

Clio 200 FF

Chris if you go to Larkspeed or somewhere similar you can buy replacement poly exhaust hangers which are a lot stronger than the origional rubber ones.

I got rid of mine. It doesnt seem to make much difference and the noise is barely noticable!

Currently customizing my spare airbox like javascript openWin pop_up_profile.asp?profile=5102 , profile , toolbar=0,location=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=1,width=440,height=370 ">R3OBC is. This should work well with my new Jetex panel filter.

Rik

172 sport

yeah ive got one no problems fitting either.Sounds good aswell for a small engine.The only thing i have found my exhaust makes a popping noise now and since talking to afew people on here with it i have heard the same thing.Not sure if its that causing the prob,still trying to work it out.

ClioRS I have had no problems with the K-Tec exhaust apart from varying loudness. The bracket is fine, you need to do up that middle bracket really tight, mine has not moved at all. The rear fitment is easy, you get a mate to pull up on the exhaust right hard on the bumper. then you make sure its straight and do up the clamp that joins the 2 parts really tight. Then you do up the rear bracket really tight and when u let go of the exhaust it will sit perfic!!!

My exhaust makes a popping mainly when u are at 3000 rpm and let off the gas.... sometimes its quite loud! I have been told this is because its running lean.

The Induction kit is a must have.... just remove that bit of plastic by the radiator and u will notice better performance!

Im never buying another renault though they are unreliable plaged with electrical faults and I managed to break my gearbox engine mount so they are not very tough either! Im getting a CTR!!!!

Rob its a HONDA!!!! Im sorry but everyone who has had one always swears by hondas as they have never had a problem with them...... Everyone I have spoken to says the same... Renault is French crap I wished I didnt buy it now..... MAin reason was the price and the handling but for all the problems I have had?

CLIORS THE RELOCATION PIPE AND INDUCTION KITIS IS WELL WORTH IT AND THE IT LOOKS AND SOUND THE MUTS BUT KEEP IT MIND ITS ONLY A 1.2 SO YOUR NOT GUNA GET A MASSIVE ROAR BUT HAY STILL SOUNDS COOL.

it does sound alright

but for the extra noise i am getting the pipercross s-spec which does give an awesome sound

it is defintetly well worth the money

coupled with the k-tec exhaust and reloc pipe it gave me roughly 15bhp (yes i know this is optimistic, but the rollers proved it)

none yet, i dont get it til either tomorrow or monday

have fitted one to a punto sporting and it looked beautiful

as far as im aware there are no pics on the net, although it is a pipercross filter it is only being sold by halfords

need to wait til after my 21st/holiday so ill be waiting til august at the earliest

did they give you a price??

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Cliors, I am sorry to hear the trouble you are having with your exhaust. If you call me on 01202 855020 I will send you out a new centre bracket. Our rear boxes are actually lighter than the standard Renault back box and I have to admit that the standard Renault rear hanger is absolutely rubbish. When we bought our 172 the rubber on the rear hanger was already cracking and it was brand new. We do sometimes us a couple of cable ties to stiffen the rubber up which will prevent the exhaust moving as much as it would without them. This is probable one of the reasons Renault hide the tailpipes on the cars so you cant see the rear box flapping around on the standard hanger.

I can honestly say we have never had any problems with the exhausts we have fitted to any of the Clios we have fitted them to and if you are able to bring the car to us we will re fit your system at no cost to yourself.

David.

ah well looks like im gonna have to wait to see the results then

unless they will offer me a 6months finance deal??

H22A7 Accord Type R

k-tec............ what a response........u just sold urself another exhaust system!!! well, in the next couple of months anyway! PS.........anyone know if u get different noise levels for the 1.2 16v systems? i defo want the twin 3" exit. Cheers, Rob

Rob, i think my exhaust varies but it maybe my imagination. Mines also pops and splutters when lifting of the accelerator, its like a back fire but not as loud. I have the twin 3" and looks good when fited correctly. But on mine it only lasts about two weeks and then falls to the side. Despite that the service k-tec offered me was great, they answered all my questions and delivery was a day early. Well worth the £240.

Think i may shell for the relocation kit now from some of your opinions. Think i will try for the s-spec filter though.

Thanks for everyones help.

is that the piper cross st filter. Looks really good. Does the heat shield come with it or is it a seperate or home made extra.

Chris

Skoda Fabia vRS

about £90 i think, maybe £100

it might be cheaper for the kits that dont come with a heatshield (most of em)

Mine has different noise levels... when i take it on a long trip it quiets down and stays like that for a while... i mean a long trip though... It then slowly gets louder and louder.... if i do like 50 miles it just is fecking loud and does not quieten down... strange eh

all of the filters are £99.99 from Halfords

not sure which ones come with a heat shield and which dont though

they look much better in the flesh and the sound they make is unreal

maybe a bit too loud for some people though