ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tech panel filter

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Hi

Anyone using one in a 182 what do you think are they as good as say ITG panel filter?

cheers

b/g 182, meg tourer
im not using one but i would say they are just as good as an itg one as they are pretty much the same thing.
i doubt the itg flows freely enough to feel a difference between the two.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Ive got one and its great! Filters the air and makes the same amount of difference as every other AM filter out there.

Black n gold 182 cup
I ordered one after reading good things about them and they are half the price as an itg with no real beneficial difference!

The gains on any aftermarket filter running standard induction set up will be miniscule at best. Stick with the cheapest that way when you realise you've wasted your money your only £20 out of pocket and not £40.

The only benefit in my eyes is the fact they are reusable.

I believe they are made by Pipercross but not 100%

Black n gold 182 cup
Maybe a waste in gains turn but well worth the money when they are so much better than a standard filter at keeping shite out the engine and generally runs smoother with an am filter so my opinion 30 well spent!

Maybe a waste in gains turn but well worth the money when they are so much better than a standard filter at keeping s**te out the engine

Do you even know what you're talking about. I'd be interesting to see what evidence this statement is based on

172 Cup
Only really benefit if you are keeping the car for a great deal of miles and you can fit it and won't have to change it again in the future!

b/g 182, meg tourer
to be honest i would say that foam pannel filters (such as itg) will filter less 'crap' than a standard filter. especially if it is not cleaned and oiled properly at least once a year.

Black n gold 182 cup
Do you even know what you're talking about. I'd be interesting to see what evidence this statement is based on

Aftermarket filters are much better than standard filters they are a much better filter and allow better air flow! Why would there them and why would people buy them!

Aftermarket filters are much better than standard filters they are a much better filter and allow better air flow! Why would there them and why would people buy them!

Oh dear. I can see you have absolutely no knowledge on the subject so I wont bother explaining my reasons behind what I said!

More filtering = finer mesh which = less flow

the opposite is also true.

Megane 230 F1
So - for a n00b like me to mechanics.. I have summised from this thread; there's no real gain in an after-market filter other than reusability. AM filters which may have better air-flow can potentially increase the amount of dirty air inhaled by the engine. So the only way to see any performance/responsive difference while only modifying the air-intake is to get an induction kit..?

182 Sport 2.0I
In some cases,

You will feel better throttle response due to the airflow increase, But het modiying the air intake is a good start,

Open induction kits always baffle me, your sucking in large ammounts of hot air from the engine bay, and most people never put a decent pipe feed to them, thus decreasing performance

Golf GTD Mk7
Standard box with better CAFs and maybe an AM filter is probably just as good as the Maxogen and Pipercross tbh. The engine will only suck to a certain rate. So long as the air is cold thats where the benefits are coming from.

Black R27, 205gti
I have the ITG panel filter fitted and noticed a significant difference in throttle response. Ths ITG gets good reviews, so for an extra £20 i would get an ITG.

182 Sport 2.0I
Most people recon there is no difference between the ITG and the K-Tec appart from price, unless anyone has some figures to prove otherwise.