ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec zorst!

Focus ST

Yeah Ive got one on these, no pictures but there are some on the K-tec website.

Super loud is about right (especially with a decat), loved it when I first got it but now the novelty has worn off, I wish it was a bit quiter!

I think it looks good, but Im sure there are those that dont, but its all down to personal opinion I guess. Built quality is good.

Id argue that the build quality is not good personally. Mine developed a sort or rust look, k-tec polished the whole exhaust for me but its come back. I can only guess that the quality of stainless isnt quite up there with the best, i can appreciate the steel will oxidise but not this quickly..

As Lucas says theyre nice and noisy when youre in the mood but sometime its a bit irratating, its an effort to have a conversation on the motorway as the car sounds like a lancaster bomber.

-Rob

ive got one.....& it hasnt gone rusty.....yes its loud, even with the bigger silencer on !! whoever fits it make sure they use stronger mounts & heavy duty clamps. nice exhaust, not everyones cuppa tea, but thats what makes the world go round.

sounds good.. think ill get me the loud 1!!!! WARRRP!!!

does it pop..

oh yeah any1 wanna buy a scorpion s/s system? £40

Yes itll more than likely pop on a mk1 valver, you can induce it on overrun by just givin it the tiniest of taps on the throttle... it probably will pop/bang on hard and fast driving gear changes too.

Focus ST

Pops on over-run with a decat, but theyre forced pops (i.e. u have to dab the throttle to make it over-fuel slightly) - still sounds good once you learn to to do them at will though!

Realise I probably sounded a bit negative in my last post, I should have mentioned that when youre going for it, it sounds superb - its just between 3-4k revs that it drones and resonates a bit, particularly on the motorway. Mine hasnt got the rusty look either and Ive had it for well over a year.

Luc

*edit* - yep, like roamer said, it pops on hard/fast gear changes which is always amusing when youre overtaking!