ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-TEC Stage 1 Tuning Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172DD Cup
lots of replies to ktechs offer, maybe you're all missing the fact that you have to buy the stage 1 upgrade?

edit: if you don't, then groovy

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Sorry guys bit this offer is only open to those mentioned. I would very much like to have them visit us so we can show them what is done and how we do it so they can see for themselves there is no fixing, fiddling, incorrect dyno operation etc, etc going on.

David.

David unfortunately I do not have a RenaultSport clio anymore, so cannot take you up on this offer personally. However, if you are happy to use Sir_daves car, or any of the other people who have offered there cars, I would be very interested in coming along, and would also happily provide a write up explaining my previous doubts and hwo you prooved them wrong.

I am sure that PFC would run a feature on this as well, not many tuners are willing to put themselves to test like this, and that would be great publicity for you, if of cause, it makes power.

172DD Cup
risky though, everyone will adjust their attitude based on the output of one car. if daves car is already making good power you may not see a sufficient increase. and if you do, will people say "well, he already had a btb exhaust, etc, etc"?

sorry, i'm a bit 'glass if half empty'. it's great that you're doing this, but a tad fruitless.

peace :)

172DD Cup
but i suppose if you do make the quoted power (and i for one don't doubt your claims), you'll knock the scepticism and go up a notch. risky, but i like it.
:clap:

rs 200
but i suppose if you do make the quoted power (and i for one don't doubt your claims), you'll knock the scepticism and go up a notch. risky, but i like it.
:clap:

They obviously have a lot of faith in there product which is always a good sign. If I didn't have a warranty to worry about oh and maybe the service agreement, I would gladly go to them for a remap. I have never heard anything but good things about them, as I think I have said before(on here).

Last edited:
  21 Turbo
I gotta say fair play to you for this. Due to a lack of support for the 21 Turbo, id never dealt with you and so for years I had u guys down as another Prima Racing (who really are a take ya money and run merchant) however this thread has forced me into a rethink.

Good on ya let's hope it swings in ur favour lol

Clio v6
K-Tec have an extremely clean record here on CS and I've seen a fair few come and go over the past 10 years. Even the occasional wobble has been dealt with honestly and politely. The sort of place I would be taking my baby RS to (if I still had it)

David/Sean,

Do you do a stage 1 kit for a standard v6?

(ensuring a certain someone doesn't get anywhere near the car of course);)

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
risky though, everyone will adjust their attitude based on the output of one car. if daves car is already making good power you may not see a sufficient increase. and if you do, will people say "well, he already had a btb exhaust, etc, etc"?

sorry, i'm a bit 'glass if half empty'. it's great that you're doing this, but a tad fruitless.

peace :)

I don't think the intention of David's offer to Sir_Dave and theduck was to adjust the opinion of the membership as a whole, merely to ensure that our product can be verified by otherwise "sceptical" owners. We have carried out many many Stage 1 packages since the installation of our dyno in December 2009, all of which have provided good results, some bigger gains than others in peak BHP, some in peak torque but all have produced an improvement to the overall drive of the cars and each to the customers satisfaction. As we have stated earlier in the thread we welcome customers to see the mapping and power running being done in our dedicated facility.

We look forward to seeing Sir_Dave and hopefully changing his opinion of our Tuning Package and answering any questions he may have to verify his results as he see's necessary.

Sean.

Last edited:
  BG 182
It seems to be a bit of a hit and miss as to whether the car would respond to the mapping as others. But Ktec seem proud of their products and strongly believe in their statement. So hopefully, it will show their expertise, but if not, hats off to the still for going out of their way and not only dedicating time, but money too.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
This offer is all well and good but they've picked the perfect people to offer free mapping and before/after power runs too.

theduck doesn't currently own a Clio and Daves Trophy is on 174k, a perfect excuse if it doesn't make power.

I'd be surprised if Ktec didn't do a quick bit of research to find that out before making the offer.

Anyway hope you make decent power Dave :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Daves Trophy is on 174k, a perfect excuse if it doesn't make power.

Are you suggesting that my Trophy is looser than a Wizard's sleeze Tim ;)

Its ok, doubt its the strongest one in the world, but just to compare, here are the graphs from the 2 Trophy's i have owned to date, both power runs done at Surrey Rolling Road:

No. 433 (52k miles) - Ktec Ultra exhaust, panel filter, remap:
doc003-1.jpg

doc005.jpg

No. 461 (174k miles) - panel filter, BTB exhaust:
744c102a.jpg

c7d24702.jpg

So decent enough base :approve:

172DD Cup
This offer is all well and good but they've picked the perfect people to offer free mapping and before/after power runs too...
...I'd be surprised if Ktec didn't do a quick bit of research to find that out before making the offer...

:lolup: sorry mate, but lmfao. all the scepticism that ktec faced earlier in the thread, they've come out and put their money where their mouth is and should be applauded, not accused of this s**t. baby jesus christ and the orphans.

anyway, peace :cool:

Clio RS 182
Lol, you just cannot win with some members on here it seems, always and forever skeptical.

One thing I would like to know is; the Map I was going to have installed on my car was the RS Tuner, mainly due to the fact it offers smoother driving and a better idle.

Will this remap also consist of the above?

172DD Cup
the ktec remap should be better as its live mapping. theres different types of maps for the rstuner. the standard performance map which should be better than standard oem map, and a custom map where you send info off to fastchip and they create a custom map. henk does a good job, but i dont know how it compares with live mapping. live mapping is the ultimate :) live mapping should give you smoother driving, better idle, better performance, better mpg, etc

Fair play to K-Tec TBH.

Years and years and years ago, before some of you were even born, there was another tuning company that produced fairytale numbers. They refused to back it up. People offered to pay their petrol, time, expenses and for the rolling road to get it tested elsewhere. But they refused.

Clio RS 182
the ktec remap should be better as its live mapping. theres different types of maps for the rstuner. the standard performance map which should be better than standard oem map, and a custom map where you send info off to fastchip and they create a custom map. henk does a good job, but i dont know how it compares with live mapping. live mapping is the ultimate :) live mapping should give you smoother driving, better idle, better performance, better mpg, etc
Cool, well ultimately what I want is better idle and smoother driving, anything after that is a bonus tbh. Thanks for the info

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH, I've never had problems with K-tec and they always seem to have their customers interests in mind.
When I ordered a stealth exhaust (1 silencer) from them, and phoned them after not hearing about delivery, I got offered the 2 silencer option at a reduced price as the other wasn't in stock. I have nothing but good things to say about them..

And I'm sure this will prove that they have their customers in mind.

172DD Cup
If you just want better idle and smoother driving, stick with the cheaper rstuner option. myself i'm planning on a couple of mods so will at least go with a custom map, or even the jms map. i don't know if the jms map is individually customised from henk or if its a standard map set up for their £500 package (inlets, map, filtration, etc). i'm gonna ask jms i think.

Clio RS 182
lol @ revels editing my post.

If you just want better idle and smoother driving, stick with the cheaper rstuner option. myself i'm planning on a couple of mods so will at least go with a custom map, or even the jms map. i don't know if the jms map is individually customised from henk or if its a standard map set up for their £500 package (inlets, map, filtration, etc). i'm gonna ask jms i think.
Ok mate, I think I need to read up and do some research on the Maps that are available to me and decide which is best as there seems to be alot

172, Tiguan
Sean/David, Can I say that I think your Oreca rollcages, in particular the Race and Race Plus versions, look completely rubbish to me and not fit for purpose!!

Care to prove me wrong?!

;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Fair play to K-Tec TBH.

Years and years and years ago, before some of you were even born, there was another tuning company that produced fairytale numbers. They refused to back it up. People offered to pay their petrol, time, expenses and for the rolling road to get it tested elsewhere. But they refused.

Hmmm, as an oldish LAD myself, im sure i remember these guys ... 180bhp from a 106 gti with a flowed head iirc.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Sean/David, Can I say that I think your Oreca rollcages, in particular the Race and Race Plus versions, look completely rubbish to me and not fit for purpose!!

Care to prove me wrong?!

;)

Does that mean you want them to put it on its roof to fully prove the point?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
look forward to seeing this pan out, if they can get 10bhp out of a clio with just a map then fair play to them, puts them right up there with superchips....... :cool:

Fair play to K-Tec TBH.

I remember this, infact iirc there was a day being organised with a few tuners due to attend, including K-tec and YozzaSport, but the other company wouldnt come even with all expenses paid. Its annoying me now, the name is on the tip of my tounge...

Lionel Richie
LAD motorsport with their "200bhp" package, I organised the RR day and Tom invited good old ernie who requested cira £2K to attend (fuel, hotel etc etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.