ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec itbs?

DMS

A thirsty 172
They could be made to work yes. Someone on here did it not long ago (although not K-Tec ITB's, but I'd imagine the theory's the same).
Up until recently everyone who went down that route had an aftermarket ECU, but it seems it's not actually necessary.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Have a word with Russ if you wanna try and use a standard ECU tbh, otherwise id go with the Tour-De-Force kit for around 2.6k but thats far to much to spend on a Clio for 200bhp tbh :)

53 Clio's & counting
oh Hai :)

I used the standard ECU, but my ph1 has throttle cable, so no fbw to worry about, iv not looked into the ph2 ecu, i know its fundamentally the same as the ph1, but I cant guarrantee it will work.

i have also looked at this kit, the Itb without the gen ECU is £1100, with it its £2200, so i am thinking either get it with the standard ECU then get a re-map, or save up.

A SHED!
i have also looked at this kit, the Itb without the gen ECU is £1100, with it its £2200, so i am thinking either get it with the standard ECU then get a re-map, or save up.

this tbh...was what i thought would be easier

A SHED!
yea your right, also after fitting itbs-say you add a lightened flywheel, decat etc. does the car have to be remapped?

A moody 182
keep it in its box until you have saved up for the ecu and then get the whole lot fitted!! well thats my opinion anyway and well what would I know because I'm a girl lol
you will enjoy it whatever.... I have a Jenvey tb kit and omex 600 on mine :rasp:

ITB'd MK1
The reason they're offering the DTH bodies without an ECU is for people who already have standalone, or want to use something else. They're not encouraging the use of the stock ECU at all. I dont think the 182 ecu could even be bodged effectively TBH, too much tied up in Drive-by-wire. Using a MAP sensor when you dont have a plenum is also pretty crap, Standalone with TPS based load sensing is the only sensible option for ITBs

53 Clio's & counting
The reason they're offering the DTH bodies without an ECU is for people who already have standalone, or want to use something else. They're not encouraging the use of the stock ECU at all. I dont think the 182 ecu could even be bodged effectively TBH, too much tied up in Drive-by-wire. Using a MAP sensor when you dont have a plenum is also pretty crap, Standalone with TPS based load sensing is the only sensible option for ITBs

Sorry fella, it seems to work very well on mine?

Runs nice, gets 35mpg and makes 192 bhp on RS Tunings rollers on 135k.

Each to their own opinion and all that, but I think if done in a correct way it works well :)

Agree with you on the 182 ecu thing, I have no idea how much it takes off dbw, I do know you can switch certain things 'off' so the ecu wont take readings from certain things but I really am not sure on if it would work or not.

Paul at RS Tuning might?

Last edited: