ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-TEC exhaust power gains?

My car currently has what I think a K-Tec cat back stealth exhaust on it. It has two silencers after the cat.

To be honest I find the noise a bit loud and it drones whilst cruising along.

I am thinking of refitting a standard type system on there simply because I use the car every day for a fair sized journey..

How much of a power loss would I expect swapping back to a standard system? Would I even notice a power reduction?

Obviously it isn't going to last as long as the stainless one, but that is a price I am willing to pay for a bit of quiet when needed.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i bet no difference,i put a ktec stealth system on mine a month ago,just sounds better,no power increase

Excellent. Does anyone know weare I can get a good standard cat back exhaust from? I have seen pattern ones on fleabay but I am dubious as to whethjer they are any good or not.
The cheapest one was £96 including delivery, but it is probably a load of crap. Lol

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Excellent. Does anyone know weare I can get a good standard cat back exhaust from? I have seen pattern ones on fleabay but I am dubious as to whethjer they are any good or not.
The cheapest one was £96 including delivery, but it is probably a load of crap. Lol
I think mine has the eBay 96 quid one fitted. Noisier than OEM but actually sounds quite nice. No idea on its shelf life though, nor on how it weighs in comparison.

I don't mind a bit louder than standard, as long as it doesn't drone whilst cruising or going up hills.

If I sell the stainless one I might even make some money to spend elsewhere on the car. :smiley:

I have already removed a cone filter that came fitted with the car and replaced it with a standard airbox and that made the car sound a bit quieter, but it is still too loud for me.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I don't mind a bit louder than standard, as long as it doesn't drone whilst cruising or going up hills.

If I sell the stainless one I might even make some money to spend elsewhere on the car. :smiley:

I have already removed a cone filter that came fitted with the car and replaced it with a standard airbox and that made the car sound a bit quieter, but it is still too loud for me.
If I remember tomorrow, I'll try get a video of how it sounds from inside

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
I've got a KTR Stealth with a non-baffled centre section, sometimes I feel as if I should be wearing ear defenders!

I've not noticed an increase of power, and if anyone tells you there is an increase in power it's more than likey due to the placebo effect.

I would say an aftermarket exhaust frees up the revs compared to an OE exhaust system, but if it's a daily then I think I'd prefer a quieter system too!

I think I am going to do it.
I am pretty sure it is a KTEC or KTR fitted as it looks the same as pictures I have found.

It is was in good used condition how much would it sell for?

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
KTEC/KTR - same thing, KTR stands for KTEC Racing.

I'd say if it's in good condition, then it should fetch up to £200 I think.