ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec engine & gearbox mounts

Clio 172
As above really just wondering if these are a worthwhile mod to have before I put my money down?

Cheers

172 Cup
Yes these along with the powerflex dogbone mount were the first things uprated on my Clio and well worth the money imo.

I'm running Vibratechnics mounts who I believe make the ones for KTR.
The only reason I installed them was as I was having a RS2 fitted, I do however like, them they stiffen everything up nicely. However they are a bit more intrusive with noise and vibration but not too much for me as I have a Rs2 and decatted yozza, I suspect if you had a standard exhaust you woild hear more rattles. They are not as bad as I thought they would be.

172 Cup
I renewed my mounts with OEM one bar the dogbone mount which I've polybushed, and I'd say the set up is more than adequate for road use.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I wouldn't fit solid engine mounts to a road car, they add so much vibration to the car and are really unnecessary. OEM all the way for me apart from the dog bone.

Glad I've read this. I was looking into the Vibra mounts, just to tighten everything up. I may just refresh mine with standard items then. Probably work out much cheaper too.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I removed some last week for someone due to vibration. Turned out they'd been fitted (by an "expert") with bits missing. Explained perfectly to me why they were so bad

02 Iceberg 172
I have Ktec/Vibratechnics upper engine and gearbox mounts and powerflex'd dogbone. A bit more vibration but perfectly livable and I use my car as a daily drive...

I got an uprated engine mount and I fitted it to exactly what a guide said on here. It has now made my rear view mirror redundent, it shakes so so much and it actually shock a nut on the exhaust heatsheild fell off lol.

On a plus side its the best thing i've done to my car, feels so much better!

Clio 172
Fitted them to mine a few months ago, there is more vibration and noise, especially on idle, but for me the benefits outweigh that. To be honest though once you are used to them you won't notice much difference, apart from how tight the drivetrain now feels!