ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K Tec Coilovers

02 Clio 172
Morning peeps! I've got a set on my car, they were on when I bought it. I'm not sure if the model, they are black, with black springs. I wanted to lower the front quite a bit, but the wheels were catching the arch liners quite badly. I've got it the the stage where I can drive and it only rubs upon cornering and that's only on the bit that sticks down further because of the bumper mount. My question is, is there stiffer springs that I can put in to combat the body roll and stop it catching?. It's at the height I like, so I don't really want to take it back up any more, but if I have no choice I will. Any suggestions appreciated. Cheers.

02 Clio 172
Just bend/cut the lip of the bumper mount and cut the arch liner bulge bit.

Are they 205 tyres?

I was thinking that. They are 205-45-16 tyres by the way. I would like to firm up the front end a bit though, so if anyone knows if there are stiffer springs, that would be great.

"Navy" N17 TWO
How low is it?

I have 195 tyres & mine has started to rub a little more than usual;
but I'm told there is a screw somewhere on the shock that can come loose over time & needs tightened. Going to check that out today

02 Clio 172
How low is it?

I have 195 tyres & mine has started to rub a little more than usual;
but I'm told there is a screw somewhere on the shock that can come loose over time & needs tightened. Going to check that out today

Not sure how I measure how low it is? If I measure off the top of the bracket that holds the ABS cable to the bottom of the bottom spring it's 115mm. Does that make sense?

let me know on the 'screw' please mate.

Lotus Elise
Replacement springs should be easy to find, I think they are just standard closed ended 3.5inch. If thats the case then you have a whole catalogue to choose from.

LY Megane R26
Just bend/cut the lip of the bumper mount and cut the arch liner bulge bit.

Are they 205 tyres?

Thats what I done to my bumper, took the bolt out that holds it in, pull the bumper away from the wing and then just smash up the bracket with a hammer. My bumper is now not fixed to the bracket but in the year its been like it I'v never had a problem and no rubbing:)

02 Clio 172
Thats what I done to my bumper, took the bolt out that holds it in, pull the bumper away from the wing and then just smash up the bracket with a hammer. My bumper is now not fixed to the bracket but in the year its been like it I'v never had a problem and no rubbing:)

Just done that. I've dropped it another 10mm too to where is really like it. Lets see what happens.