ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec Carbon Front Splitter Removal Help

I'm having a complete 'mare trying to remove my Ktec carbon splitter. It has been bolted to the bottom of the bumper but the head of the cap-head bolts have corroded and the (7mm?) nuts the other side are rusted tight. I've tried brute force, WD40, and dremeling the thread and nut off, all to no avail. I thought they were self tappers and that it would be a 20 minute job to take it off :dapprove:

Even worse is that my Halfords Professional Socket Set only goes down to 8mm spanners and getting a socket in there is very tight.

Can anyone give me some advice as to where to go next? Is drilling them out the next step?

PH2 Flamer
Take bumper off. Cut the bolts off?

Bumper comes off within 5 mins. So not a big job. Total of like 8 fixings.

Why you taking it off?

OK thanks, I didn't think of that!

Taking it off as it's sold now, where I park at work risks damaging it, so replacing it with a Skoda Fabia one which (as everyone knows) is easily replaced and cheap :)