ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JVC Head Unit - remote wire sub/amp problem, help!

Clio mk ii 1.6 16v
Hi guys, im a complete noob with audio and im fitting my own sub and amp i have got all the main cables in just having a small issue with connecting the remote wire, i cant find anything on the internet, i thought there would be a port to connect my amp remote wire into and crimp it but as you can see from the pictures the wire is connected into two connecters and i have no idea how to connect my amp wire to this one (blue and white) its a jvc head unit heres some pics, help would be much appreciated!

i19zs1.jpg

20tjs5t.jpg

also another quick questions with my sub, will my stock 6x9's not have enough juice to work with the sub?

sorry for nooby questions and i did look in the search bar but couldnt find much :(

thanks all (also if anyone is having problems with putting power cable through rubber gromet then ask me because i have a few pictures) :)

Clio 182
Who said that the white/blue wire your indicating is the 'remote feed', just the majority of HU's ive fitted the remote is blue - and big give away... on the power iso, not speaker iso terminal, whats the model of the headunit? JVX XXXX?

The one youve got indicated looks awfly like speakers (thus + & - wires)

The wire you've highlighted as being the remote wire is not the remote wire. That's the negative Front Left speaker wire.

On the other black block, there is an actual blue and white wire. Use that one.

mk2 Pre f/l - Keeks
Could always attach the remote wire to your cig lighter, Little excuse to have a nice red missile style toggle switch ;) Gotta say, it never ceases to amaze people! 'What the hell does that do?!? blow up *insert country here*??' 'Nope, Blows your ear drums' *wobwobwob*

Clio mk ii 1.6 16v
hi guys thanks for all your info, i will be sure to go onto the opposite connector wire! my head unit is a JVC KD-R401, so how do i connect this wire? i would really appreciate some help tonight as tonight is my only free night and really want to install it tonight :( thanks guys

Mike

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Do you have a manual for the HU ?

Remotes are normally blue wires, off the power block. Normally you get 2 blocks out of the HU - sound and power. The remote is normally always off the power ISO.

Clio mk ii 1.6 16v
no manual unfortunately, im pretty sure its the blue and white wire in the other connector (not the one i labelled) just stuck on how to connect the one from the amp to this wire :/

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Might be of some help. Can't find any pics online to show you what I mean.

Mine has a female bullet on the HU wiring loom, so obviously I've got a male bullet on one end of my remote wire, and then it's a spade to fit the amp end.

Last edited by a moderator:
jvc dont supply a dedicated remote wire on more basic models, the blue/white wire (clustered with the red/yellow/black) is your remote/antenna wire

Clio mk ii 1.6 16v
I managed to attach the wire, i stripped it in the middle and stripped the amp wire and connected them together, i got all the cables through and connected i have a green light on the amp but no sounds coming through yet :/ any suggestions? thanks all

Just replied to your PM mate. But seen you've done it right anyway on here.

Have you definitely connected the Phono leads properly? (The red/white plugs on head unit and on sub)

On your Amp. You will have three inputs for power +ve REM -ve

+ve = connected direct to your battery (big red wire)
REM = connected to your white/blue wire on headunit (normally thin blue speaker wire size)
-ve = connected to the chassis, using a bolt, to ground the amp.

The Phono leads (red and white) Need to be connected to the input red/white ports on your amp, and the red/white ports on your headunit.

Clio mk ii 1.6 16v
my amp is attached to my sub, heres how i connected it mate:

12v - blue cable
PWR - power cable
GRD - ground

and i have a good ground,

My phono leads where red and black and they are red and white on my head unit and amp so i put the red in red and black in white :?, didnt realise it would be this difficult,

thanks for your help though james, much appreciated mate

It's not difficult per say it's just sometimes simple things aren't obvious. E.g. on Alpines you have to "enable" the subwoofer outputs in the settings menu before any sound will come out. TBH it doesn't sound likely for a Pioneer, but worth a go:

This is the user manual for your HU http://www.jvcmobile.co.uk/documents/products/KD-R401_501.pdf Page 18 shows the settings for subwoofers. Make sure "line output mode" is set to subwoofer. Whilst you're there look through the settings and make sure there aren't other things that sound helpful...

my amp is attached to my sub, heres how i connected it mate:

12v - blue cable
PWR - power cable
GRD - ground

and i have a good ground,

My phono leads where red and black and they are red and white on my head unit and amp so i put the red in red and black in white :?, didnt realise it would be this difficult,

thanks for your help though james, much appreciated mate

Wouldn't 12v be to the Battery - Thick Red Wire and PWR to the REM (Blue/White wire?)

Nick

Clio mk ii 1.6 16v
Thanks alot steve, i will have a gander, hopefully will get it working when i have a bit of free time, you have all been very helpful :) many thanks

Clio mk ii 1.6 16v
This is driving me insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane!! everything is on all jacks in the right place everything on my head unit is on subwoofer but nothing! is there anyone who lives near stroud (Gloucestershire) who could give me a hand??? theres a pint in it!

Clio mk ii 1.6 16v
i have a green light so defo power going there and turns on/off with my ignition, i thought it may have been faulty RCA leads so i bought some more but still no luck, its been a very simple job turned into a right baaaastardd, no i dont have a voltmeter :( its driving me nuts mate lol

Have you got a mate who's got a working sub in their car, that you could try your sub/amp in, so as to eliminate it being a problem with your sub/amp?
Or vice versa, a mate who's got a working sub you can try in your car.