ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just what you need on a Saturday!

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
There's no way I'd want to mess around with all that hassle for the sake of saving 20 pence on your insurance next year.

Yes you have to declare it and no it doesn't make a huge difference.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Thought I'd update this thread to get some advice/ opinions on what to do.

Anyway, shortly after this incident happened the lady came over and dropped off the cash to stump up for the repairs. Ordered a new wing off renparts, in RB. Great service and very helpful, I wish everyone I'd dealed with when sorting this out had been as good. Next was to find a decent body shop that would respray the front bumper, went around a lot of them and other car garages as I know them all well and asked opinions on where people would recommend from experience.

Anyway, got recommended a place and got the car booked in for a front bumper respray at a good price. Car got dropped off and came back about three or four days later. This was about two weeks after the bint scratched it in the first place. Go over to see the shop and, honestly, couldn't have been more furious if I'd tried. Il list what they had done wrong, there was that much:

Mud and dust all over the mats on the inside of the car
The wing, that I'd just paid for to be fitted, slightly chipped and cracked near the headlight.
The bumper, not even a full respray, just the corner. There was paint drips, orange peel effect, lumps, bubbles and dirt in it. They obviously hadn't done any prep as you could feel the difference in the depths of paint.
The washer caps had overspray on them
The wing, also s**t job done again, cracked in the corner, s**t in the paint.
The door had been f**king painted! There was overspray on the bullet, a drip around the key hole, and under the handle a whole different colour! Bearing in mind the c***s weren't even meant to be spraying the door and hadn't told me they'd done it until after. They said to blend it... f**k me, it looked like they'd blended it with a blue cunting crayon.

The rear quarter just as bad, same s**t paint technique as the rest, thick, the wrong colour, orange peel paint, and s**t in the paint itself, as well as some running.

Everyone could clearly see the difference in colour against the roof and the rear bumper/ tailgate. And to make everything even worse, they'd only gone and 'lost' my CTR aerial!!

An angry call later and told them to come back, pick the car up and sort it properly again. They did, but came with an almighty attitude claiming in just needed a polish. I told them what needed doing and that I wanted it doing properly this time. This was on Monday, and just got a call to come inspect it this time again.

Anyway I go down, they say they've had to respray the rear bumper as well and now it's going to cost more again. After looking over the car the bumper is an even worse job than the first one. It looks like they've actually done it with a rattle can... In Monaco blue, that's how far away the colour match is.

I had a look to see if they'd sorted the other problems out. And guess what, had they bollox. They actually made it worse, more bubbling in the pint, a couple new scratches, and a fresh f**king scuff on the bumper! I'm furious even typing this.

Somehow managed to keep calm, and politely told them that they've got one more chance to sort it out otherwise il be taking serious action. I don't know what that action would be, but they agreed and said it wasn't a good enough job. So the car is with them until next week now.

I can't describe how I'm feeling, I'm that bloody angry. I genuinely think a blind work experience student has painted it. If it comes back s**t again next time, what would anyone recommend to do? Legal action? As I believe they're now taking the piss out of me and doing it s**t intentionally to ruin the car. Loose my cool and hit the roof? Who knows, but it's a waiting game now, and another week without a car.

I don't honestly know how people can take such little care in their job, I really don't. I didn't even do anything wrong to begin with.

Lesson learnt for next time, straight through insurance, courtesy car, and proper job. Hindsight is a beautiful thing, and I realise that so to any know it alls, I'm aware I made a mistake by not going through insurance in the first place.

Oh, and I still didn't get my aerial back. c***s.

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
Sorry to hear that mate, they sound completely useless! you may need to ask yourself are they even capable of doing a decent job?! i've been stung by a bodyshop before and can feel your pain i gave them two chances on mine and ended up going elsewhere and cutting my losses.

How much did they quote? Citizens Advice Bureau are usually very helful and most importnantly its a free service - try and get an appointment at your local office.

Dude im really sorry to hear about the above, absolutely disgusting, sounds like a hell of alot of works been done that really should never have been touched, covering up a poor paint mix etc. I really wish you had considered us for this, we would of sent you the parts brand new.....sprayed in RB, ready to fit, and she would of fit the bill.

My advice would be refuse to pay for the work, and go else where, it sounds like the more attempts they have the worse it will be and the more paint on your car, unfortunately your looking probably at a bigger bill to correct the mess.

What did you get quoted for the job? from us with all new genuine bumper and wing.....sprayed & delivered would under ~550 inc VAT (thats including parts, with nothing put on them)......

We have done many cars in this colour and the match has been spot on, there is absolutely no excuse with RB for a piss poor match unless your cars been messed with before.

Again sorry to hear you have been messed around by cowboys, and i really hope you get it sorted.

Cheers,
Si @ SS

Mini Cooper S sport
Jesus what a mess :S

I'd be straight down to Citizens Advice. I don't hold out much hope of them miraculously doing a great job after all that. I think you may have to go down the legal route and get someone else to do it properly. What a pain.

Listerine & Poledo
Did they also check that the suspension was all good?

after a really minor knock, my 172 needed uprights and all sorts, but to my layman eyes all I could see was body damage.

Sounds horrendous, you really need to get some pics up.

Being a spray painter myself I really don't understand how some people can have so little pride in their work, I'd actually have to go out of my way and put effort into doing things wrongly to achieve the sort of bodge you've been handed twice now.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Did they also check that the suspension was all good?

after a really minor knock, my 172 needed uprights and all sorts, but to my layman eyes all I could see was body damage.

Suspension was all fine mate, it was only a scrape. I'd drove the car and it felt tight as ever. As for pictures I wish I'd took some, but didn't think to do so, just too angry.