ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just wasted 50 quid on resistor pack

Titanium Clio 182
Bought from Cit-Ren Ltd and it still doesn't solve the problem of the fans not working.

Wonder if the fan itself is fucked. On monday the fan came on for about 30 seconds, only one speed, and it was making a clicking/ticking noise as it was turning.

I hate cars.

Titanium Clio 182
I shorted pins 1 and 5 on the connector and tha fan apparently should be on full speed, but I have nothing!!!

Titanium Clio 182
wonder how much they cost and how much to fit. Unless its eas to fit and i'll do it myself.

not a clio anymore
wonder how much they cost and how much to fit. Unless its eas to fit and i'll do it myself.

It is quite easy to fit. When my climate stopped working, I took it out to check it and it worked so I assumed it was the resistor pack.

The Haynes is fine as a reference, apart from the fact that on the 1x2 you don't need to remove all the wipers as you have on the other models (which is a pleasant surprise) but if you have had access to the resistor pack, you should know that already (thinking about it)

Clio 182
Sounds like a goosed fan matey, try looking on a ebay for as second hand replacement.... make sure it works tho
Or PM JoshHatton iirc i think has a cliospares place

Titanium Clio 182
Just check the voltage and between 1 & 5 I get, well it starts at 11v then gradually starts falling let it go to 6.95 volts and pulled the multimeter off, it would have still fallen more. Between 1 and 2 I had 12.1 volts. Then shorted 1 and 2 for some reason and blew a fuse. Check all the fuses but they are all ok next to the passenger door. I have no voltage at pins 1 and 2 now. Going to take the fan out soon.