ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just test drove a 182

I have a mate who works at Renault and got him to arrange a test drive for me, took out a cupd up Arktic blue, the same spec that i want :)

Only got to give it a bit of a thrash as we got stuck in rush hour but it does seem nice and quick with a nice bit of low down torque and at 5K a definate jerk when shes on cam, handeld nice and neet too with a firm ride and pleanty of grip and there were 3 of us in the car, should be well fast when theres just the driver.

Now my mate is sorting one out for me at a VERY GOOD price of......£12800 and that is with both cup packs and metalic paint, just have to give him the go ahead on monday when hes back at work :cool:

Only problem now is weve gotta sell my car and the missus.

GW Clio 200

Going to order mine tommorrow...finally!!!

After a rough begining of the year I have managed to now clear myself of a few financial issues that were surrounding me. I am now able to go ahead with the purchase of my 182.

The only issue I now have to solve is colour.. the best colour Renaul ever made Iceberg silver is no longer an option.

With the anthracite wheels I think the colour that goes best is Black!!! But every Dynamique in the UK is Black bar 4!! its hard when there are only 4 colours ( not counting the extortionate BT Van Yellow and Bile greeny blue )

What should I do!!!

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by .:xTreme:. on 28 August 2004

Going to order mine tommorrow...finally!!!

After a rough begining of the year I have managed to now clear myself of a few financial issues that were surrounding me. I am now able to go ahead with the purchase of my 182.

The only issue I now have to solve is colour.. the best colour Renaul ever made Iceberg silver is no longer an option.

With the anthracite wheels I think the colour that goes best is Black!!! But every Dynamique in the UK is Black bar 4!! its hard when there are only 4 colours ( not counting the extortionate BT Van Yellow and Bile greeny blue )

What should I do!!!
What should you do??? Just stop messing around and place an order, unless you get an import, ex demo/pre reg or are lucky enough to find a cancelled order you will get the car just before Xmas if you order NOW and after Xmas if you sit around for a week or two!

My advice is going for Racing Blue or Titanium. Ive had a black car - avoid like the plague. As for the other blue, half the people on this site have it so too common.

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 28 August 2004

Ive had a black car - avoid like the plague. As for the other blue, half the people on this site have it so too common.
Blue is becomming very popular now.

Black looks very good Imo but only when its clean so least you can see how good it looks when its clean. Some colours dont look dirty ever so I find myself never clening them as its not worth the effort least with black it always looks good clean, shame it doesnt look clean by the time I get to work.

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by Jason C on 28 August 2004

Ive had a black car - avoid like the plague.
Why ?
With a black car you have to wash and wax/polish it every week otherwise it looks dump. I cant emphise that enough, if I didnt polish it everytime I washed the car it just looked grey/brown/dusty/smeared. Hard to explain really, on top of that if you get a faint scratch on the clear top coat it stood out like a sore thumb.

With a silver I found it always looked new and never needed a wax/polish. Fine scratches to the clear top coat were also invisible. I could do half the bonnet with Meguiars/Autoglym and ask someone which side was polished and they would stand their scratching their head unable to tell! On the black car the two halves would be completely different colours!

In fairness when both cars have just been cleaned and polished the black looks better but the black would have taken a few hours longer and without a garage it would be back to looking dirty the following morning.

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 28 August 2004

good work :D F&F deal then i take it ?
Im getting that same spec for £12,700 from Renault dealership without friends family discount..... There are deals out there you have just got to be able to haggle to get the car at the price you are willing to pay. My advise is to call as many dealers as you can for a few days and play them off against eachother.

There are lots of dealers who have a lots of cars to sell. What they dont have is lots of people willing to give them cash, so you are in prime position whenever you are negotiating.

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 29 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Jason C on 28 August 2004

Ive had a black car - avoid like the plague.
Why ?
With a black car you have to wash and wax/polish it every week otherwise it looks dump.
Ah - I thought there was something more of a problem. I will have to get used to driving a dump then.