ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just test drove a 182 Trophy...Renault Burnley

182 Trophy (216/500)
the colour is a love it or hate it..... i personally love it. i like the fact that it only comes in one colour AND that you can't get that colour on any other cliosport.

As for performance, the Trophy suits me to the ground. its quick enough in a straight line and handles like a dream round bends.
Went to Goodwood this weekend with a few mates, took the trophy, 172 cup and two M3's. found some lovely B-roads avoiding the traffic and was able to have some fun, when we arrived my mates in the M3's were amazed at how well i was keeping up with them through the corners and able to carry so much more speed into the corners. Granted on long straights they were pulling away but i expected that.
The 172 cup was the same as the Trophy and he has said that if he had the money he would buy a Trophy.

In the end it does come down to personal preference and whats right for the individual.......

I certainly had a lot of fun this weekend and loved every second of it!!!!!!!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The old Evo thing, I have never read as much crap in my life as i read during that issue.

My point was that they reviewed it in the presence of the M6. It's like being awarded something in the presence of god.. lol.

Either way, no one can even think for a second the Trophy can undermine what the M6 does in any area, other than a track made of U-turns maybe.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I think the evo 2005 car of the year runner up says it all.

Trophy wiped the floor with a lot of hot machinery, then came 3rd overall against lottery winning money cars.

If you don't own one how can you comment???

The newest members on cliotrophy have jumped from 182 cups & there is a big difference ;)

Clio 172 mk2
I quite like the way Renault have stuck with quality NA engines on the Clios and concentrated on suspension/handling like they did with the Trophy.

I've never driven one but have spoken to owners and they really seem to rate the Trophy.