ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just sold my Clio.........

Got back home from work at 16.15 and my dad said "someones rang about your car, theyre gonna ring back before 17.00". The phone went and this bloke who was after a car for his daughter wanted to come around to have a look at it. I said yeah fine tomorrow? because its going to get dark soon, he said can I come around now! I said no problem.

15 minutes later he arrived with his daughter and started to look around my car, asking very little questions etc. I said do you want me to take you out in it? went out for a test drive etc... the bloke said to his daughter do you like it? she said yeah can I have it? The bloke looked at me and said Ive been looking for a decent car for her since October and had no joy, I can see its been well looked after and very clean and Im not even going to knock you down on the price (advertised on the auto trader web site) £2795. £200 deposit and a cheque coming tomorrow or Sunday of £2595.

Im well chuffed the first person to come and look at my car buys it! with hardly any effort!

Pics.....

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1107128097__Picture018.jpg

nice one mate & they didnt even knock you down !
bonus

(it goes with out saying, make sure that their cheque clears before you give it to them) as ive read some funny stories on here recently.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by subliminaljay on 04 February 2005

Got back home from work at 16.15 and my dad said "someones rang about your car, theyre gonna ring back before 17.00". The phone went and this bloke who was after a car for his daughter wanted to come around to have a look at it. I said yeah fine tomorrow? because its going to get dark soon, he said can I come around now! I said no problem.

15 minutes later he arrived with his daughter and started to look around my car, asking very little questions etc. I said do you want me to take you out in it? went out for a test drive etc... the bloke said to his daughter do you like it? she said yeah can I have it? The bloke looked at me and said Ive been looking for a decent car for her since October and had no joy, I can see its been well looked after and very clean and Im not even going to knock you down on the price (advertised on the auto trader web site) £2795. £200 deposit and a cheque coming tomorrow or Sunday of £2595.

Im well chuffed the first person to come and look at my car buys it! with hardly any effort!

Pics.....
dont you just love it when a plan comes together?! I sold my pug 205gti the day it went in the autotrader at the asking price and then had about 15 more phone calls about it after.

I was luckier than you though cause I already had my 182, no wait!

Oh by the way, its well worth the wait :cool:

Clio 197

Tell me about it....

I couldnt get shot of Meggy... had to trade it in...

jay, youre going to LOVE your 182... its truely the most fun Ive ever had!

Cheers for all the feedback! Ill pay the cheque in Monday when I get it this weekend, and Ill certainly wont let the car until its cleared! Sounds sad I know but Im really gonna miss it..... :( Ive had it nearly 3 years before that my sister had from new, so Ive seen it for nearly six years. But Im sure the 182 wont let me down and Ive got a little feeling itll put a bit of a smile on my face! ha ha:D

Quote: Originally posted by stevoversteer on 04 February 2005

At least some people find selling a car easy!

Its usually in the presentation and the history if both are rite then then car will walk.................at least thats what Ive found :D

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 04 February 2005 at 9:48pm]