ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just saying hi!

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
Thought I would join the forum and hope to become and active user. I have a 255 Clio V6 phase 2 2005 in Black/gold. Some mods done and more to come in 2007.

I am based in Norfolk.

Nik

They're rubbish them mate, I'd sell it if I were you.

Of course I'm joking - I'm just jealous :dapprove:

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Welcome to Cliosport Nik :D

Good to see someone else with such a cool name :)

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
So far:

Powerflow exhaust
BRM induction kit
TWR manifolds
Denso Iridium plugs
EBC red Stuff pads all round
Braided brake lines - Goodrich
Clio 182 front strut brace from k-tech
Carbon fibre door pillar covers
Smoked rear tail lights
Alpine SatNav
Alpine amplifier
Alpine sub
Alpine speakers

To fit over the winter:

Carbon bonnet
H+W coil over suspension
New discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads on the front
Schrick camshafts - big job, need to drop the engine to do this to get the cam belt off!
Trophy coil packs
ECU Re-map

In 2007, when affordable:

New inlet manifold from Yozzasport

I hope to be able to hit the magic 300bhp mark

My car before this was a Nissan Skyline R34 GTR v-spec. Had this for 5 1/2 years and took it to over 500bhp from the standard 300bhp. Decided to sell it due to the impending release date of the new GTR from Nissan and the big hit in value that will inevitably follow.

I an an engineer by training and have alot of knowlege regarding turbo's and Superchargers etc. that may be usefull here.

Thanks to all for the welcomes!

My brother has a 2 yr old Megane 225 in blue - phase 1. I will have to introduce him to the forum as it is his fault I have now gone from Nissan's to Renault!!!!!!!!!

Nik

Last edited:

CJ

Blue ph1 172
Skyline R34 GTR and now a v6 255.

I hate you.

:cool: NOt really, again, just jealous.

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2

I hate you.

I have a bad thing (expensive hobby!) about fast cars based on road going standard chasis and bodyshells.

The Skyline just sucked up money. Go to Nissan for a part and use the work "Skyline" within 25 yards of the parts department and the price trebbled! In the end I felt like I had shares in the Japanese postal service and the tax man with import tax!

At least Renaults are built in the EU!

Nik

CJ

Blue ph1 172

I hate you.

I have a bad thing about fast cars based on road going standard chasis and bodyshells.

The Skyline just sucked up money. Go to Nissan for a part and use the work "Skyline" within 25 yards of the parts department and the price trebbled! In the end I felt like I had shares in the Japanese postal service and the tax man with import tax!

At least Renaults are built in the EU!

Nik

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to import the parts.

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
Hi and welcome - are you gonna supercharge it?? ;)

I think the cost will outweigh the benfit. As an example, spend £10k on a Skyline and you get an extra 200bhp. to get a Clio v6 to say 350bhp, you need to spend £10k. Tuning a car that has an engine designed to take a turbo or supercharger is better.

Having said that, I have seen the Clio 182 with the Turbo conversion and its bloody quick.

My idea was to try a turbo set up, but have since found out that I may at most be able to push in 0.5 /0.6bar of boost pressure before the head and inlet gaskets give way.

The cheapest way would be to use NOS, but I am not really a fan of this. Other option would be to take out the 3.0V6 and put in a turbo charged Audi TT engine - A Clio TT! This conversuion would cost again say £10k, but then you have the possibility to get 400bhp

Nik

Maz

LY 200
Welcome to cliosport Nik, would love to see pics of both cars past and present .. I have been looking at skylines but my bank manager doesn't like me for it .. lol

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
Welcome to cliosport Nik, would love to see pics of both cars past and present .. I have been looking at skylines but my bank manager doesn't like me for it .. lol

Nor did my Bank manager!

I will post some pics up of both cars later today.

Here is the link to the web site of my Skyline that I used to own. I have yet to close the site down!

WWW.R34GTR.PICZO.COM

By the way, Sparkplugs.co.uk are selling off Denso iridium plugs off cheap at £6.90 each! If you go to:

http://www.globaldenso.com/PLUG/search/index_euro.html

You can find the right fitment for your car.

Nik

Maz

LY 200

Nor did my Bank manager!

I will post some pics up of both cars later today.

Here is the link to the web site of my Skyline that I used to own. I have yet to close the site down!

WWW.R34GTR.PICZO.COM

By the way, Sparkplugs.co.uk are selling off Denso iridium plugs off cheap at £6.90 each! If you go to:

http://www.globaldenso.com/PLUG/search/index_euro.html

You can find the right fitment for your car.

Nik

Wowzer the GTR looks fantastic .. I NEED one :approve: nice plate too :)

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
Here are some pics of my V6 next to my R34 GT-R just before the new owner came to take it away!

DSCF0080.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0085.jpg

DSCF0086.jpg

Nik